awesome dreams

Posted by Reviewer1503047 on Aug 05, 2011

I take this about 1-1/2 hours before bed. I'm still having trouble with initial insomnia but once I get to sleep, man, is it a good sleep! I have great dreams, not creepy ones like on melatonin. A pretty calming product, will buy again. Shipping superfast and perfect as always.

Great for anxiety...check for time to take

Posted by Reviewer2395925 on May 02, 2009

Both this upon several friends recommendations. Had been taking l-tyrosine and really liked it also. With the l-theanine I find that you have to decide what time is better in the day to take it. I was first taking it in the morning and it left me too letargic..probably overrelaxed which is great for the wknds but not so great when you have kids to teach. I found that taking it at night(several hours before I went to bed) has been what works for me so that I am feeling relaxed yet not tired. Great to take the edge off your mood and level off anxiety. Great suplement!

Seems to have an effect

Posted by Reviewer1173495 on Apr 20, 2010

For the first days 1 capsule made me drowsy. After that I seem to have gotten used to it. I think that it may actually make me a bit more mellow, a little less stressed. I take 1 about an hour before bedtime.

feel it

Posted by 4655772329923877037 on Apr 11, 2014

just used twice but both times better sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

Stress-less

Posted by 5673682317556133077 on Mar 24, 2015

I've been using this for more than two weeks now, and I can honestly say there's a difference. I can feel it. I take one capsule an hour (more or less) before going to bed, plus I drink a good cup of Hops flower tea (also from iherb). At first I experienced a big positive change in my sleeping cycle and sleep quality. My dreams became much more lucid and my sleep became very hard, after the first week I started getting used to that, in a good way. The most important part is that during the days, after I started consuming L-Theanine, my panic levels went a down. The stress doesn't fade away completely, but become a bit translucent, and then easier to cope with. This is not a magic cure or anything, it won't make you panic-less. I suffer from a very harsh panic disorder and to have a day or two without a panic attack is blessed. And that is what I have achieved by using L-Theanine. One last thing, at the first week I also had a few stomach issues, I'm not saying it's necessarily related, since I had other dietary issues back then.

Couple with caffeine.

Posted by 4700269805335416248 on Aug 13, 2016

Take this if you like caffeinated drinks, but can't handle the caffeine. As a combination, you can really achieve a lot in the day.

Works okay, I guess

Posted by Reviewer1617001 on May 08, 2014

It's hard to determine how effective a product really is, when you're not sure it's exactly what you need. I trust Now Foods for quality and potency, but sometimes it seems that anti-anxiety supplements can have the opposite effect on me. I am not sure it has helped me relax and get to sleep better, but I have typically used it with other supplements at the same time, so I can't really say which one helped me get to sleep.

Helps me relax which leads to good rest

Posted by Reviewer2262549 on May 15, 2014

As I understand it, L Theanine occurs in the body naturally. Extra provides relief for your body when you're under a stressful situation and trying to sleep. I've only been taking it for just over a week but is definitely helping.

Theanine

Posted by ladypamela on Dec 30, 2010

Good product. Works well. Doesn't make me sleepy - just calmer.

good product

Posted by Reviewer1867667 on May 05, 2011

I take it when I need a boost and to calm down -helps

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »