Relax, Refresh, Revive ► A Superb Quality L-Theanine Product !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 28, 2013

L-Theanine is a relaxing but non-sedating amino acid. This product by Now Foods featuring Suntheanine which is an award-winning patented brand of L-Theanine from Japan. I like this great product a lot. It’s like yoga in a bottle because it helps to bring me back into balance with my nervous systems. Unlike other stress reducing supplements, Suntheanine does not cause drowsiness. Suntheanine brings a state of clarity into my day which can help me make better life decisions. I highly recommend this high quality product. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Best product against insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Apr 12, 2009

This is the best natural product against insomnia I've ever had. I wake up a bit sleepy, but that effect disappears after taking a shower. The relaxing effect works through the day after: it makes the mind less messy, more focused. Definitely a keeper.

An excellent natural calming supplement

Posted by Reviewer2366534 on Mar 09, 2008

My wife and I both find l-theanine to be an excellent way of calming ourselves when we are feeling a bit 'frazzled'. It is particularly useful if you have drunk too much coffee, and have the caffeine jitters. It is not a sedative, but just calms and adds a certain serenity. We love it. Value for money is second to none.

NOW Foods L-Theanine w/ decaf green tea

Posted by Reviewer2558795 on Feb 19, 2008

Great stuff to take about an hour before bedtime. Unfrazzles the nerves so one can relax into sleep easier.

It Helps, Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Oct 05, 2013

It works and help relieves my anxiety.

Great Natural Sleep Aid!

Posted by mehmetgok on Nov 02, 2013

L-Theanine is a unique amino acid almost exclusively found in tea plants. Clinical studies have demonstrated that L-Theanine reduces stress, improves the quality of sleep, diminishes the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome, heightens mental acuity and reduces the negative side effects of caffeine. 100-200mg. L-Theanine doesn't act as a sedative, but significantly improve sleep quality. At higher doses like 600mg. L-Theanine does exert a sedative effect. In my experience, L-Theanine greatly improved my sleep quality. I take 100mg. half an hour before bed and sleep much more deeply. I can now remember my dreams much more vividly which is a sure sign of deeper sleep. If you are having any metabolic disorders or sleep issues I highly recommend L-Theanine. It is critical to fix your sleep in order to recover from metabolic disorders. You cannot fight circadian rhythms. It works synergetically with melatonin too. I take 2 tablespoons of Tart Cherry Extract for melatonin.

Wouldn't be without it!

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on May 08, 2010

I've been using L-Theanine for about four months now and I really like it. I usually order the 200 mg bottle from Now Foods but last time ordered this one (100 mg) by mistake. I was pleasantly surprised! The 200 mg capsules are just white powder with no tea flavor, but the 100 mg capsules seem to be more of a powdered green tea. I usually empty a capsule or two in my green tea anyway so this just added more flavor in my opinion. If I drink green tea without this it's not nearly as calming.

L-theanine for anxiety - 5 stars

Posted by Reviewer3261541 on Sep 17, 2009

I have had anxiety my whole life and this stuff really works to take it away- I mean completely away. I take one in the morning and one at night.

Relax

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Dec 08, 2009

When I take one capsule at night, the next day I am more mellow and patient with my kids. I'll probably increase to 2 caps at night. Also, not as much worrying about dumb stuff.

more calm

Posted by Reviewer2775246 on Sep 30, 2008

I notice I am more calm after taking this supplement. But, I find that I can't sleep if I take this on late evening.