Great for Alzheimer's Too

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 03, 2008

This is not stress related but my husband of 48 years has Alzheimer’s disease. After the doctors found out he was allergic to their medicines they have for that, they stopped doing anything for him, except giving him medicine to control blood pressure. I also do that with supplements. He has no prescription medicines now. Since they couldn’t or wouldn’t help him with the Alzheimer’s, I went looking for natural supplements. He takes L-Theanine along with other supplements and altogether has slowed this down a lot. I highly recommend this product. I’m also thankful to have this website to shop for the supplements that I need. I can’t leave him alone long enough to go shopping and have time to read labels, and decide which is best for him. I can do that here at IHerb, get a great bargain and since they ship right away, it’s all very convenient. *NOTE* As I always say, you should take any vitamins for no more then 5 days a week, with 2 days off to let the body rest.

Guaranteed relaxation

Posted by Reviewer1764942 on Jun 07, 2009

I have been using various brands if L-Theanine for approximately one year. My job can be highly pressurized and since taking L-Theanine, I can tell the difference after 2 days if I run out - so I will never run out again. I find the Now Foods brand very efficient and fast acting. Stressful days can mean stressful nights for me compounded with a delicate sleep cycle, this brand has helped me get the rest I need. Now also take 1 cap in the evening after work when needed so that I can destress naturally without using alcohol. I find that if I take 1 capsule at about 6:30pm; then use 1 capsule of L-Tryptophan 30 minutes before I get in to bed, I sleep well, deeply and uninterrupted. I feel rested when I wake up with no grogginess, loss of short term memory, sleep eating of any of the other side effects of pharmaceutical sleep aids.

It Works

Posted by Reviewer1204206 on Jan 01, 2010

I have a lot of stress in my life and have found that this product has helped reduce/eliminate my anxiety. I take 1-2 capsules depending on the level of my anxiety and feel relief within 15 minutes or so. I have tried regular L-Theanine but find it does nothing to help me like Suntheanine. I will say that I use this product sometimes with other products such as Stress Relief, Valerian Easy Sleep, Holy Basil, Lobelia, Melissa, Calm Thoughts, and GABA w/Vit B6, Inositol, and Niacin. I highly recommend Now L-Theanine. It's a good product at a good price.

An amazing amino acid!

Posted by Reviewer2256766 on Jan 11, 2010

This supplement gives you a remarkable sense of relaxation, including a very calm and clear mind. There is absolutely no drowsiness involved, but I am sleeping better due to the calming effect. I take one capsule in the morning and another in the evening and am so pleased with these results. I am also a huge fan of the Now Foods brand of supplements.

Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength, 200 mg, 60 Vcaps

Posted by 5044326482617586793 on Dec 19, 2013

take twice or once per day, have good sleep, special for my son, he can deep sleep then can make concentrate during study.

Where do I start?

Posted by InformedMom on Oct 03, 2014

First of all, Theanine is an effective supplement for stress, anxiety, turning off your brains little voice when you're trying to go to sleep. Without making you drowsy during the day, Theanine takes the edge off tension...helps you sort things out mentally, instead of flying off the handle. It has been known to be effective with social anxiety also. I use to struggle with falling asleep due to all the "worries and what ifs" that would thrash around in my head at bedtime...now, I go into sleep-mode without all the thinking that use to keep me awake. I take 1 cap an hour before bedtime and within that hour I feel relaxed...no more mental chatter. When I have PMS take 1 cap in the morning on an empty stomach and it really helps with that hormonal irritability. Very safe to use...I do a ton of research before I take any supplement. I've recommended Theanine to 2 of my close friends for irritability related to menopause and they are singing Theanines praises.

Sweet Dreams!

Posted by Reviewer2876704 on Feb 05, 2012

These capsules really helped me to relax into a deep sleep. Very vivid dreams and I woke up feeling well rested. The only downside is I find one can easily adapt to amino acids and eventually the effects start to get weaker and one can become dependent on them. I think amino acids are best cycled and I shall be backing off from this product for a while.

nausea

Posted by Reviewer3091043 on Mar 05, 2012

quit after 2 days. gave me nausea. 2nd brand of suntheanine with same nausea feeling

effectiveness

Posted by Reviewer2238810 on Jan 05, 2010

no noticable benefit

L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer2129575 on Jul 25, 2010

L-Theanine is amazing, I recommend this product to anyone with anxiety issues or insomnia.