Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength, 200 mg, 60 Veggie Capsules

AT EASE

Posted by Reviewer3164401 on Jan 04, 2008

L-THEANINE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCTS I HAVE EVERY TAKEN. I SUFFER FROM SAD AND HAVE BEEN ON A LOW DOSE OF LEXAPRO FOR THREE YEARS. I STARTED TAKING L-THEANINE TWO MONTHS AGO AND FELT A CHANGE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. WITH MY DOCTORS ADVICE I SLOWLY CUT BACK THE LEXAPRO FOR TWO WEEKS UNTIL I WAS ONLY ON THE L-THEANINE. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I TAKE ONE 200 MG VCAP TWICE A DAY AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER THAN WITH THE LEXAPRO. I HAVE A NATURAL SINCE OF CALM NOW, NO LONGER GRUMPY AND THE OVERCAST RAINY DAYS DON'T DEPRESS ME ANYMORE. AT EASE!

It works

Posted by Reviewer1240503 on Jun 02, 2009

If you are taking Xanax for anxiety and don't think you need that kind of downer feeling, try the Theanine.

Stop hesitating and just get the stuff.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Mar 15, 2010

Good, good, good, good, good stuff. I have horrendous anxiety and focus issues during that fun time of the month. This has been saving me! I find it most helpful to open a capsule and dump the contents into a cup of hot, calming tea and within 20 minutes, I'm not only calmer, but able to actually focus enough to work. I will never let my cabinet run out of this stuff!

L-theanine

Posted by Reviewer2321293 on Jan 02, 2009

L-theanine has worked wonders for our daughter who tends to stress and short circuits easily. It seems like she is able to take a breath and compose herself in situations that would in the past put her over the edge.

L-Theanine Ineffective for Our Needs

Posted by Reviewer2641448 on Jan 09, 2009

I'm sorry to say it was of little help in helping my son cope with OCD issues. This amino acid was recommended by his treating psychiatrist as a possible natural alternative to prescription drugs. He had gone off of Prozac last year and to date no natural compound has been effective in reducing his compulsive tendencies like Prozac had been. We are looking at possibly returning to prescriptions.