10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

Reviews 1-star

Maybe a good product but not for me

Posted by 4978545617610769518 on Mar 07, 2013

Firstly I bought this product to help me relax and also because the description states “L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress response” I tried one tablet the first night, I had broken sleep and nightmares (which I never usually have) I felt tired and lethargic the next day and was very highly strung, my mood was all over the place from being angry and stressed to crying. Two weeks later I tried a ¼ of the capsule (splitting the powder into another four empty capsules) so not to have such a big dosage, I had the same reaction as above being angry and very emotional, I had to call my mother to help me focus and try to calm down, I was on edge after both episodes for a few days after taking this product. I was very disappointed with L-Tryptophan as I thought it was going to help me with being anxious, not make me worse to the point where I felt I had lost control. I am sure it does help many people, but as we are all different, it didn’t help me but made my situation worse. I also love the NOW foods brand, don’t get me wrong, nearly all my other vitamins are from NOW as they do have a fantastic pure products and I would be lost without the Magnesium Citrate powder in particular and also purchase the C-1000, 250 Tablets and their Amino-9 Essentials Powder.

Limited effectiveness and side effects

Posted by Reviewer2718450 on Aug 30, 2012

Made my wife drowsy, but the sleep quality was poor. The grogginess would continue all through the morning until the afternoon. This was on only 1 tablet per night.