Works

Posted by Sandra on Jul 23, 2015

Worked for first 2 weeks but then it stopped. Now I am taking 5 HTP and it keeps me asleep. Better than Tryptophan as I stay asleep the whole night and don't go to the toilet like I normally do otherwise.

using for sleep

Posted by 5761101439668124507 on Jun 19, 2015

Using this AA in conjunction with 3 others plus herbs and magnesium - I have managed to turn around a 35 year habit of type 2 insomnia that has responded to no other forms or combinations od treatments. I'm now sleeping through the night and waking fully rested at least 5 nights out of the week. This is nothing short of miraculous in my experience. All the AA products that I use are the Now Brand and their price combined with effectiveness makes this a product that I am more than happy to recommend to anyone.

Helpful for minor sleeping troubles

Posted by 5461478078389654009 on Jun 08, 2015

This product helped my teenage daughter, but no effect for my sleep.

Wish it could work out

Posted by 5206409689034112205 on Apr 10, 2015

Envious to all that people who has effect. I still has sleep problems. Not working for me.

Relax max

Posted by 4985636783252929663 on Nov 11, 2014

Ce L Tryptophan est idéal pour être cool, bien dormir après quelques jours de prise à raison de 500 mg/jour. Après cinq jours, je me réveillais comme un enfant de 10 ans, c'est à dire en super forme dès le lever. Donc 5/5 car l'effet est garanti et que la qualité du sommeil, c'est très important ! Je recommande bien sur, au vu du prix !

Muito bom para o sono!

Posted by BrasilCliqueAqui on Nov 25, 2013

. Helps me to relax and fall asleep. Use it with empty stomach and with no protein or other amino acids. . Ajuda a relaxar e a pegar no sono. Tomar com estômago vazio e sem outras proteinas e outros aminoacidos pois pode comprometer a eficácia do produto.

nice

Posted by Reviewer2250891 on Oct 11, 2013

good product

Good for sleep and or mood support

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 09, 2013

Tryptophan is a precursor (building block) to 5-HTP which in turn is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin is needed to make the sleep hormone melatonin. It helps to understand this relationship when you use these products. Some people use this for mood support and others use it to help with sleep. Tryptophan is found in turkey and chicken and can make you sleepy when you eat a lot of it. 5-HTP is a less costly product but it does not work for everyone. Try 5 HTP before using tryptophan and if it is not effective then give Tryptophan a try. Typical doses for Tryptophan are .5 to 2 grams. This is an amino acid and you will get the best results when taken on an empty stomach. Some people find that taking some vitamin B6 and or B3 with this can help it work better as they is a cofactors in the synthesis of serotonin and melatonin. If you take any mediation for depression you want to clear this with your health care provider first I have used NOW products for years and believe they have good quality products and they hold to GMP standards. They are made in the USA and they keep their pricing reasonable. I will add that some people believe Tryptophan is dangerous because it was taken off the market years ago for causing serious problems and even death. That was due to a contaminated batch of tryptophan that came from a Japanese manufacturer. It was the contamination that hurt people, NOT the tryptophan. Always make sure you buy it from a reputable manufacturer. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above and read my other value added reviews. "Yes" helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

Helps me sleep and wake up happy

Posted by danarm on Jul 17, 2013

Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin (the happy hormone) and melatonin (the sleep hormone). So, if you take it, your brain will make both melatonin (to help you fall asleep) and serotonin (to make you happy). I take 4-6 pills (2-3 grams) of Tryptophan every night. It gets me to sleep and keeps me sleeping better than Melatonin. I wake up happy and energetic as a result of serotonin production. It also produces sleep entrainment (if you take it at 10 PM, you will fall asleep at 10-11 PM, even if you stop taking it). After some time, it loses it's effect, and I have to switch to something else periodically. This is because there are some enzymes which break down tryptophan. The normal quantity of Trypthopan taken in through diet is 1.5-2 g. May reduce carbohydrate consumption. Most people overeat carbohydrates because carbs help tryptophan cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB). When obese patients were given 1,000 mg, 2,000 mg, or 3,000 mg doses of L-tryptophan one hour before meals to raise the amount of tryptophan, a significant decrease in caloric consumption was observed. The majority of the reduction in caloric intake was due to the amount of carbohydrates, not protein, consumed.

It really works!

Posted by 5670360866224921779 on Jun 29, 2013

You sleep like a baby and don`t have a hangover the next day. I am really surprised. I have tried melatonin supplement before and it didn't work for me. But this one works miracles.