Now Foods, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

Great price for a Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3286239 From Texas on Jan 27, 2009

Thank goodness we have L-Tryptophan back on the market! It helps so much to calm your nerves and to "chill out"! I give it to my 16 yr old who has chronic insomnia, and it helps her to settle down and drift off to sleep. I take it to lift my spirits, and it really makes everything seem so trivial. Great product from a GREAT company...iHerb!! Molly in Burnet, TX

Works for our family.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 From Texas on Oct 10, 2009

Three family members take this daily. Helps my ADD son get to sleep and stay asleep through the night. My older son works swing-shift and had trouble getting to sleep immediately after work at 1 a.m.. Takes two L-tryptophan and no longer lays there for hours. Makes getting to college classes the next morning much easier. Help with depressing feeling too.

is working great for me

Posted by Reviewer3264351 From Pennsylvania on Apr 09, 2010

L-Tryptophan has helped me to get off prescription depression medications I was taking : )

Good Quality and Value for Money

Posted by PeterSmithUK From Great Britain on Jul 01, 2011

I have a life-long serotonin deficiency ( depression some hypomania) that I manage more effectively with supplements than drugs. Tryptophan is central to this management. I find one capsule does not do anything (with single amino acids you have to achieve a certain threshold of concentration over and above the general amino acid pool to have an effect). 2-3 capsules last thing at night significantly elevates my serotionin, causing deep sleep and improved mental health the next day. Taken with juice or a little carbohydrate improves effectiness. Continuous daily dosing can over produce serotonin causing daytime drowsiness. Missing out a day regularly prevents this. For me every second day works perfectly. Individulize your own dose your are looking for refreshing sleep and elevated mood without drowsiness the next day. With severe depression you may increase the dose and accept a little drowsiness.

L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3260843 From Canada on Jan 23, 2009

I find that this helps me to sleep deeper and if I awaken I am able to get back to sleep.