L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3260843 on Jan 23, 2009

I find that this helps me to sleep deeper and if I awaken I am able to get back to sleep.

Helps me sleep and wake up happy

Posted by danarm on Jul 17, 2013

Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin (the happy hormone) and melatonin (the sleep hormone). So, if you take it, your brain will make both melatonin (to help you fall asleep) and serotonin (to make you happy). I take 4-6 pills (2-3 grams) of Tryptophan every night. It gets me to sleep and keeps me sleeping better than Melatonin. I wake up happy and energetic as a result of serotonin production. It also produces sleep entrainment (if you take it at 10 PM, you will fall asleep at 10-11 PM, even if you stop taking it). After some time, it loses it's effect, and I have to switch to something else periodically. This is because there are some enzymes which break down tryptophan. The normal quantity of Trypthopan taken in through diet is 1.5-2 g. May reduce carbohydrate consumption. Most people overeat carbohydrates because carbs help tryptophan cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB). When obese patients were given 1,000 mg, 2,000 mg, or 3,000 mg doses of L-tryptophan one hour before meals to raise the amount of tryptophan, a significant decrease in caloric consumption was observed. The majority of the reduction in caloric intake was due to the amount of carbohydrates, not protein, consumed.

sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on May 28, 2008

I used Drs. Best and loved it, they doubled the price recently so I tried this and this is just as good at a lower price, plus I don't have to try and dissolve powders as it is in capsule form

Very pleased - Take with Vitamin B6 P-5-P for maximum results.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on May 04, 2010

I love L-Tryptophan!! It's been really nice for my anxiety and depression. I'm weaning off Celexa and Valium and this has been allowing me to do so without flipping out. (IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult your physician before taking this with any anti-depressant as the combo can be toxic!) The first couple doses did make me a bit tired during the day but my body adjusted and now the tiredness has turned into a general calm. I definitely notice when I forget to take these regularly. For best effects, take these either an empty stomach or with some complex carbs. Do not take with protein or shortly before or after eating protein. Also Vitamin B6 P-5-P (Pridoxal 5' Phosphate) is essential for maximum absorption, not only for L-Tryptophan but many other amino acids. Chances are your Vitamin B Complex does NOT have the P-5-P version of B6. Mine didn't and I had to order it separately, but it was well worth it! I could really tell the difference in effectiveness!

It really works!

Posted by 5670360866224921779 on Jun 29, 2013

You sleep like a baby and don`t have a hangover the next day. I am really surprised. I have tried melatonin supplement before and it didn't work for me. But this one works miracles.

Great value and quality

Posted by Reviewer1804101 on Jan 27, 2010

excellent product, highly recommended. Noticeable improvement in mood, and reduced appetite which has really helped with carbo cravings!

Relax max

Posted by 4985636783252929663 on Nov 11, 2014

Ce L Tryptophan est idéal pour être cool, bien dormir après quelques jours de prise à raison de 500 mg/jour. Après cinq jours, je me réveillais comme un enfant de 10 ans, c'est à dire en super forme dès le lever. Donc 5/5 car l'effet est garanti et que la qualité du sommeil, c'est très important ! Je recommande bien sur, au vu du prix !

Works

Posted by Sandra on Jul 23, 2015

Worked for first 2 weeks but then it stopped. Now I am taking 5 HTP and it keeps me asleep. Better than Tryptophan as I stay asleep the whole night and don't go to the toilet like I normally do otherwise.

Good alternatavie to melatonine

Posted by Reviewer2949471 on Apr 04, 2008

And it does not leave you with a sleep aid hangover like most other products.

Price and Quality!!

Posted by Reviewer2443878 on Apr 01, 2009

I'm so glad I found this site! The price and quality of this supplement is superb!!