Now Foods, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

Very pleased - Take with Vitamin B6 P-5-P for maximum results.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on May 04, 2010

I love L-Tryptophan!! It's been really nice for my anxiety and depression. I'm weaning off Celexa and Valium and this has been allowing me to do so without flipping out. (IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult your physician before taking this with any anti-depressant as the combo can be toxic!) The first couple doses did make me a bit tired during the day but my body adjusted and now the tiredness has turned into a general calm. I definitely notice when I forget to take these regularly. For best effects, take these either an empty stomach or with some complex carbs. Do not take with protein or shortly before or after eating protein. Also Vitamin B6 P-5-P (Pridoxal 5' Phosphate) is essential for maximum absorption, not only for L-Tryptophan but many other amino acids. Chances are your Vitamin B Complex does NOT have the P-5-P version of B6. Mine didn't and I had to order it separately, but it was well worth it! I could really tell the difference in effectiveness!

not impressed yet

Posted by Reviewer3165449 on Feb 12, 2009

I also tried this after taking 5-HTP. The 5-HTP really does help lift my depression, but does not help me sleep, so I tried the L-Tryptophan and it does help a little with sleep, but I have not noticed a big difference in either falling asleep or the quality of my sleep and it does not seem to be doing anything for my depression. I am thinking that if 5-HTP is not strong enough one needs a prescription drug for the depression. I am currently trying to find out if one can take the L-tryptophan and the 5-HTP, possibly at different times of the day, without adverse effects. On the other hand maybe one has to take the L-Tryptophan for a while before results can be seen. I have only been taking it regularly for a few days. My experience with iHerb is always dependable. I received my product in two days at a very cheap shipping rate. It is just the efficacy of the product that I seem to be having a problem with.

Price and Quality!!

Posted by Reviewer2443878 on Apr 01, 2009

I'm so glad I found this site! The price and quality of this supplement is superb!!

Better product

Posted by Reviewer1463500 on May 01, 2009

I.ve tried a few brands of L-Tryptophan and I 'll stick to this one Better product better result and better price. It's a winning combination

Need Help Sleeping

Posted by Reviewer3221587 on Jun 26, 2009

If you need sleep and don't want to take sleeping pills, this is your answer. It also helps to improve your mood.