10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

It really works!

Posted by 5670360866224921779 on Jun 29, 2013

You sleep like a baby and don`t have a hangover the next day. I am really surprised. I have tried melatonin supplement before and it didn't work for me. But this one works miracles.

Great value and quality

Posted by Reviewer1804101 on Jan 27, 2010

excellent product, highly recommended. Noticeable improvement in mood, and reduced appetite which has really helped with carbo cravings!

Effective

Posted by Reviewer1382234 on May 25, 2010

I take two 30-45 minutes before wanting to sleep and it effectively winds me down. Even after exercising fairly late to bedtime, it is effective.

Excellent for relaxation for both sleep and alertness

Posted by Reviewer1835084 on Jun 15, 2010

I have found Tryptophan to be a natural way to relax my body and sense of well-being that both allows me to sleep easier and be alert and relaxed during the day. I use it whenever I have headaches or body aches.

Helps me sleep and wake up happy

Posted by danarm on Jul 17, 2013

Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin (the happy hormone) and melatonin (the sleep hormone). So, if you take it, your brain will make both melatonin (to help you fall asleep) and serotonin (to make you happy). I take 4-6 pills (2-3 grams) of Tryptophan every night. It gets me to sleep and keeps me sleeping better than Melatonin. I wake up happy and energetic as a result of serotonin production. It also produces sleep entrainment (if you take it at 10 PM, you will fall asleep at 10-11 PM, even if you stop taking it). After some time, it loses it's effect, and I have to switch to something else periodically. This is because there are some enzymes which break down tryptophan. The normal quantity of Trypthopan taken in through diet is 1.5-2 g. May reduce carbohydrate consumption. Most people overeat carbohydrates because carbs help tryptophan cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB). When obese patients were given 1,000 mg, 2,000 mg, or 3,000 mg doses of L-tryptophan one hour before meals to raise the amount of tryptophan, a significant decrease in caloric consumption was observed. The majority of the reduction in caloric intake was due to the amount of carbohydrates, not protein, consumed.