Now Foods, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

Very pleased - Take with Vitamin B6 P-5-P for maximum results.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on May 04, 2010

I love L-Tryptophan!! It's been really nice for my anxiety and depression. I'm weaning off Celexa and Valium and this has been allowing me to do so without flipping out. (IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult your physician before taking this with any anti-depressant as the combo can be toxic!) The first couple doses did make me a bit tired during the day but my body adjusted and now the tiredness has turned into a general calm. I definitely notice when I forget to take these regularly. For best effects, take these either an empty stomach or with some complex carbs. Do not take with protein or shortly before or after eating protein. Also Vitamin B6 P-5-P (Pridoxal 5' Phosphate) is essential for maximum absorption, not only for L-Tryptophan but many other amino acids. Chances are your Vitamin B Complex does NOT have the P-5-P version of B6. Mine didn't and I had to order it separately, but it was well worth it! I could really tell the difference in effectiveness!

Great value and quality

Posted by Reviewer1804101 on Jan 27, 2010

excellent product, highly recommended. Noticeable improvement in mood, and reduced appetite which has really helped with carbo cravings!

Effective

Posted by Reviewer1382234 on May 25, 2010

I take two 30-45 minutes before wanting to sleep and it effectively winds me down. Even after exercising fairly late to bedtime, it is effective.

Excellent for relaxation for both sleep and alertness

Posted by Reviewer1835084 on Jun 15, 2010

I have found Tryptophan to be a natural way to relax my body and sense of well-being that both allows me to sleep easier and be alert and relaxed during the day. I use it whenever I have headaches or body aches.

Price and Quality!!

Posted by Reviewer2443878 on Apr 01, 2009

I'm so glad I found this site! The price and quality of this supplement is superb!!