New To iHerb?

Now Foods, L-Tryptophan Powder, 2 oz (57 g)

4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews

Sublingual benefits more immediate

Posted by Reviewer1291964 on Mar 14, 2008

I found that the product "kicks in" quicker than capsules when allowed to dissolve for a couple of minutes under the tongue before swallowing. Take with a B-50 complex and a small amount of starchy food, like a cracker--and get a great night's sleep! --Christine from Oregon

Calmative agent

Posted by Reviewer1773144 on May 06, 2008

If you work with someone who is unable to show restraint in temper control, you will find this additive useful in balancing your own actions in response to their antics. I take mine in tea/coffee.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3263370 on May 27, 2008

I bought both NOW and Doctor's Best powdered tryptophan, and found they work the same for me. I take about a teaspoon full at bedtime; not only do I get a great night's sleep but tryptophan helps a LOT with restless legs at night. I think that the fact that tryptophan is a precursor of melatonin is responsible for this. If I take straight melatonin it causes me to be very depressed; but the tryptophan does not. I have found all NOW products to be what they say they are and to work well.

IT works

Posted by Reviewer1412856 on Mar 23, 2009

I suffer from chronic insomnia. this one works if you find your right dosage. I take 1 gr in the afternoon, and one gram at night before bed time on the empty stomach. I am on a healthy diet, one small coffee in the morning, alcohol on certain occasion. no soft drink, no preservative foods of any kind. On a gluten free diet and cheat occasionally. It doesn't make you feel happy but it can help you sleep throughout the night. It took me about 10 days for me till I noticed the change. This one is better than the best doctor brand. I bought both, this one is cheaper and maybe a little better with getting dissolved in the water. My advice, get out there and walk 1 hour every day in the fresh air.

great product/price, btu it tastes awful

Posted by Reviewer3043038 on Sep 04, 2008

I generally like Now Foods products, and the quality seems good for the price (it works well for sleep issues and minor anxiety/depression), but it tastes absolutely awful and nothing seems to disguise it. Next time I'll pay an extra dollar or two for the capsules.