l-tyrosine

Posted by ling76 on Aug 11, 2012

These made me very tierd. Was hoping for the oposite effect as I bought it because of my CFS.

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

not for everyone

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Apr 01, 2016

I was looking forward to relieving my eternal tiredness with this amino acid, but it only aggravated the state, and left me even more tired and stiff in the shoulders and neck area.

No use

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Mar 27, 2012

No use, and I think I gained weight on it.

Did not have any effect

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 17, 2011

I'm usually very sensitive to supplements and medication, but I didn't notice any effect whatsoever from this. I was hoping for stress reduction, but it seemed to just make me more irritable.

Medications

Posted by Reviewer2736055 on Apr 10, 2012

It's probably due to my medications (Lamictal, lithium, and Abilify), but this made me absolutely miserable. I couldn't focus and was exhausted and sleepy.

not sure about the quality

Posted by healthy-me on Mar 19, 2014

I opened a capsule and it smells very weird. an odor of burned oil mixed with burned tire. I through it away at once. I've used tyrosine from another brand, no such smell

no results

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on May 15, 2008

Have not seen any results from this supplement

Lower quality

Posted by Reviewer3295214 on Sep 17, 2010

I open the capsules and take a small amount throughout the day. As a result I end up tasting it and feeling the texture whereas I know most don't. This brand's texture is that of small hard clumps and the taste is, well, nasty. My usual brand has a texture similar to powdered sugar and the taste is very mild, almost absent of taste at all. I thought I'd give NOW a chance after reading the glowing reviews but I'm going back to my usual brand.

have not received yet