New To iHerb?

Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Not hypoallergenic - suggest powder instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014

The label says - 'magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and stearic acid (vegetable source)' - uh, which 'vegetable source'? Even removed from the capsule this powder with added 'vegetable source' stearic acid causes me to wheeze. Also - suggest anyone taking tyrosine for pigmentation issues look into the copper enzymes tyrosinase/catechol oxidase and avoid enzyme deactivators/chelators such as EDTA, citrates, etc in all products (including skin/hair care). Manganese is another mineral essential for pigmentation and collagen. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

l-tyrosine

Posted by ling76 on Aug 11, 2012

These made me very tierd. Was hoping for the oposite effect as I bought it because of my CFS.

No use

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Mar 27, 2012

No use, and I think I gained weight on it.

Did not have any effect

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 17, 2011

I'm usually very sensitive to supplements and medication, but I didn't notice any effect whatsoever from this. I was hoping for stress reduction, but it seemed to just make me more irritable.

Lower quality

Posted by Reviewer3295214 on Sep 17, 2010

I open the capsules and take a small amount throughout the day. As a result I end up tasting it and feeling the texture whereas I know most don't. This brand's texture is that of small hard clumps and the taste is, well, nasty. My usual brand has a texture similar to powdered sugar and the taste is very mild, almost absent of taste at all. I thought I'd give NOW a chance after reading the glowing reviews but I'm going back to my usual brand.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »