Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Excellent for Depression

Posted by 4871827516150754074 on Dec 13, 2013

I've been taking L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP for depression and anxiety for about three weeks now. The results have been absolutely amazing. This works *far* better than any prescription anti-depressant SSRI I've been prescribed. Not only has my depression and anxiety dissipated, I actually feel energetic and alive! I read about these in Dr. Priscilla Slagle's book "The Way Up From Down" and also in Julia Ross's "The Mood Cure". I've been following Slagle's basic program which involves a very high-quality Multi Vitamin Mineral (M.V.M.), a high-quality Co-Enzyme B Complex that contains the proper form of B6 (P-5-P), and an extra 50mg of B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate / P-5-P) with each dose of L-Tyrosine or 5-HTP. I also take Vitamin C. Here's what I take: L-Tyrosine 1500mg + P-5-P 50mg on an empty stomach upon first waking up. I wait an hour before breakfast so it absorbs properly. M.V.M., B-Complex, Vitamin C 1-2000mg with breakfast L-Tyrosine 1500mg + P-5-P 50mg mid-afternoon on an empty stomach. M.V.M., B-Complex, Vitamin C 1-2000mg with dinner 5-HTP 100-150mg + P-5-P 50mg before bed on an empty stomach (makes me sleepy) The 5-HTP increases serotonin, and the L-Tyrosine increases dopamine and norepinephrine. So unlike a typical SSRI like Prozac that only increases serotonin, this increases these three neurotransmitters that regulate mood. Highly recommended if you're suffering from depression/anxiety and nothing you've tried so far seems to completely work.

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

My wife uses this product because her underactive thyroid leaves her lethargic and sleepy. It does a remarkably good job in helping her feel more normal. She takes one capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and a second one mid-afternoon. She feels more energy and more mentally clear. Episodes of fatigue and weepiness have been banished since beginning this regimen. For us, it's been a lifesaver! No bad side effects, as far as we can tell. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

It makes me calmer.

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine and a bunch of others neurotransmitters and hormones. I've noticed that it really helps with my mood, making me calmer and more positive! Another great product containing L-Tyrosine is by Thorne Research. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

helps with adhd

Posted by Reviewer3134321 on Nov 28, 2007

Someone suggested that we try L-Tyrosine as a natural treatment for our daughter's ADHD. This amino acid has worked extremely well for us. We have had very few behavior problems since she has started taking this supplement.

good

Posted by Reviewer2514980 on Aug 15, 2008

great brain supplement for my ADD! thank you!