New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Lavilin, Underarm Deodorant Cream, 12.5 g

Cool stuff

Posted by filmoyster on May 01, 2009

The only drawback is that there is a white residue, but otherwise it is an amazing product. I am just constantly surprised at how it keeps body odor away for days at a time. I do a 5th or 6th day application (instead of 7th) to be on the safe side.

Totally ineffective

Posted by Reviewer1639561 on Feb 11, 2008

Due to underarm sensitivity, I was looking for a gentle and effective deodorant - preferably one without aluminum. Lavilin looked to be the answer. After reading the other reviews, I decided to bite the rather expensive "bullet". Unfortunately my experience was identical to one of the other reviewers: This product had absolutely no effect - underarm odor became evident less than 24 hours after application. The next day I showered thoroughly and reapplied the cream (fairly heavily I might add), but the odor returned by the following morning. Since then I applied one of the deodorant stone products and have had no return of odor. For me, this product is worthless. P.S. My rating would be 0 stars, but 1 is the lowest allowed.

not a miracle for me

Posted by Reviewer1336522 on Mar 17, 2008

I read about how you can go on for several days without applying deodorant - what an amazing thing to be able to do that, all without the nasty stuff in conventional deodorant/anti-perspirants. However, I have had mixed results with this product. I had one day where I applied it and within a couple of hours I was smelling something funky from my arm pits. For the most part I can only get 36 hours from this cream. I have tried all sorts of variables: not scrubbing during shower (and later not even soaping that area), not shaving, putting it on at night, applying liberally, applying sparingly, and not using other deodorants 48 hours prior. In short, I think I've tried them all, and I get the same result: about 36 hours. Don't get me wrong, going 24 hours without any odor is worlds better than the toxic junk you get in drugstores. I just wish my body chemistry would comply for 7 days. At this price, however, you're probably better off using Now's Deodorant Cream. You can use it every day (as opposed to Lavilin's directions to not use more than every 48 hours), and costs much less.

best I've found

Posted by Reviewer2364518 on Dec 10, 2008

I can not use traditional deodorants because of skin reaction. Lavilin works great and doesn't bother my skin.

Lavilin is great!

Posted by Reviewer2534564 on Mar 04, 2007

Several years ago I had to quit wearing regular deodorant--my underarms broke out in a rash that I could not get cleared up as long as I continued to wear regular deodorant. I read an article about Lavilin and tried it. It was great! No rash, no odor, and I only use it once or twice a week. Absolutely the best and I will continue using it always.