Not a significant source of vitamin A?

Posted by 5234490667773310898 on Aug 27, 2016

Unlike other reviewers, I actually quite like the taste of this liver powder and have no trouble eating it by the spoonful! I feel much better when I take it, and listening to my body I feel a kind of "craving" for liver. The major negative for this product is that despite liver being considered one of the most dense sources of vitamin A, Now Foods state that their raw liver is "not a significant source of vitamin A". This is a very strange statement, and one that Now Foods wouldn't explain when asked. It's possible that they simply choose not to test for vitamin A, and write "not a significant source" for legal reasons - but that's rather misleading to people given that there ought to be quite a large amount of vitamin A content.

next best thing

Posted by 101010011 on May 20, 2011

when i am not eating liver, i am downing this. chase it, don't mix it

Neutral taste is appreciated!

Posted by Lillea on Oct 01, 2010

I'm happy that this tastes mild so I can get some of the benefits of liver without the taste that puts me off so much!

Good Value

Posted by Reviewer1715581 on Mar 04, 2012

I have just started Now Foods' Liver Powder and it seems to be a good product. I put it in water, mix a little (does not dissolve completely), and chug it down. Taste OK to me--but then I am not finicky.

Another item for my dogs!

Posted by herbalturtle on Jun 17, 2012

Occasionally mix it in their food and it helps keep their livers healthy plus gives them extra energy. Good for making homemade dog treats also.

Powerful nutrients, tho tablets might be easier to take

Posted by Reviewer3059440 on Mar 19, 2008

Excellent product, powerful nutrients. Taste is intense (because the nutrients are intense). Consider taking the tablets rather than the powder, since tablets might be easier to take.