Not a significant source of vitamin A?

Posted by 5234490667773310898 on Aug 27, 2016

Unlike other reviewers, I actually quite like the taste of this liver powder and have no trouble eating it by the spoonful! I feel much better when I take it, and listening to my body I feel a kind of "craving" for liver. The major negative for this product is that despite liver being considered one of the most dense sources of vitamin A, Now Foods state that their raw liver is "not a significant source of vitamin A". This is a very strange statement, and one that Now Foods wouldn't explain when asked. It's possible that they simply choose not to test for vitamin A, and write "not a significant source" for legal reasons - but that's rather misleading to people given that there ought to be quite a large amount of vitamin A content.

You get used to the taste

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Nov 07, 2008

I take one spoon every day and I give a small amount to my dog too. She loves it! I like the advise of another customer to put the liver in your mouth and drink it away with water. If you don't want to taste or smell anything, try only to breathe through your mouth and not through your nose. I almost don't taste anything if I do that.

Liver Powder

Posted by Reviewer2261642 on Oct 04, 2010

Seems to improve exercise and muscle endurance

not so yummy

Posted by Reviewer2545350 on Aug 02, 2009

this stuff is not so yummy but a great protein substitute for infants. they don't seem to mind the flavor; very affordable and convenient

healthy pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1035162 on Jan 17, 2011

I was so excited to discover NOW's desiccated liver powder. I used desiccated liver years ago when my children were younger and energy demands were high. Now, with 32 grand children (and more on the way), energy demands remain high, but I could not find liver powder for years. My sister let me know she had found some online and I ordered four containers. The liver powder is just as I remembered it and it gives me the needed energy boost without the nervous effect caffeine drinks tend to give. I mix 1 tablespoon liver powder and 1 tablespoon protein powder in milk, as in years gone by. I don't mind the flavor at all. Thanks, NOW for a making this desiccated liver powder available!

Fabulous Product

Posted by 5118476554298389974 on Aug 17, 2016

I am 80 years old and my daily exercise routine has become very easy since I have been taking this product. I walk 4 miles, lift weights, row 1000 meters and go on the elliptical for 1/2 mile daily. It used to be rather tiring but I know the liver powder has given me the energy I need, plus a lot left over to go home and cook dinner and malke it through the rest of the day feeling great. Fabulous product.

Powdered Desiccated Liver

Posted by Reviewer1191402 on Nov 29, 2007

The desiccated liver is some of the best I have used. There is a capsule in the liver to make sure it stays dry. I have never seen this in any powdered liver I have taken. If you want a boost try a couple of tablespoons a day.

Liver powder Now

Posted by Reviewer1037154 on May 06, 2009

Tastes great in juice or milk and is a good energy boost.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1409307 on Mar 11, 2010

I shake this on my poodles food to prevent "red tears" that they get. It works great!

now liver powder

Posted by Reviewer2520330 on Mar 03, 2011

this liver has an exceptionally low iron content which has enabled me to use it as a protein source (6 servings a day at 48 grams). unlike the meat we eat during meals, this is prepared at a low heat wherein nutrients are damaged; i consider this a relatively well undenatured whole food supplement