Now Foods, Liver Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

healthy pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1035162 on Jan 17, 2011

I was so excited to discover NOW's desiccated liver powder. I used desiccated liver years ago when my children were younger and energy demands were high. Now, with 32 grand children (and more on the way), energy demands remain high, but I could not find liver powder for years. My sister let me know she had found some online and I ordered four containers. The liver powder is just as I remembered it and it gives me the needed energy boost without the nervous effect caffeine drinks tend to give. I mix 1 tablespoon liver powder and 1 tablespoon protein powder in milk, as in years gone by. I don't mind the flavor at all. Thanks, NOW for a making this desiccated liver powder available!

Convenient Way To Get Liver

Posted by Reviewer1000115 on Mar 26, 2013

I am taking this because I have all of the symptoms of iron deficiency. I have ridges/lines in my very thin fingernails, fatigue, shortness of breath, cold hands and feet along with feeling cold overall most of the time and a few other symptoms as well. After reading all of the precautions of taking an iron supplement and the dangers of iron accumulating in the brain and joints I've decided consuming liver powder is the way to go to treat my symptoms. This really doesn't taste bad mixed with tomatoe juice or vegetable juice. I have read that it takes a good 90 days to produce new blood cells and so I just need to be patient and consistent with using the liver powder everyday. So far I haven't taken it enough on a consistent basis, but I have noticed an immediate increase in body temp. It really warms me up quite nicely. And my overall circulation seems much better. I've also noticed a boost in my libido and a lot more color to my pale skin. I'm hoping as time goes on that I will feel stronger as well.

Prefer tablets - but like that it's non-defatted and has no added junk

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 19, 2013

I found this powder very hard to do anything with. It's a bit rough to get down on its own. I'd rather take it compressed into a tablet. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

You get used to the taste

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Nov 07, 2008

I take one spoon every day and I give a small amount to my dog too. She loves it! I like the advise of another customer to put the liver in your mouth and drink it away with water. If you don't want to taste or smell anything, try only to breathe through your mouth and not through your nose. I almost don't taste anything if I do that.

Liver powder

Posted by Reviewer3106777 on Dec 02, 2008

Excellent service, fair prices. We use the product to make dog "yummies", which our dog definitely thinks are YUMMY.