Cheap, not pure

Posted by aRPiieS on Jun 03, 2011

Again this Now Foods - Magnesium Citrate is the cheapest one and you will find that out, label says that it is 100% citrate only but when you try to dissolve it into water, you will find about 5-10% of remaining hard contamination on your mug after you drank everything else away. This contamination is maybe copper or some other metal, it turns greenish/bluish quite fast, should you drink this or not, well I don't as I do not have any idea what it is. Will not buy again definitely.

Caused diarrhea

Posted by Reviewer2484240 on Jun 22, 2009

Aware that magnesium and cause diarrhea when too much is used and when taken without calcium, so I was careful. Over time I found it began to cause diarrhea no matter how little I used. I have gluten sensitivity and though I'm on a gluten-free diet I may still have problems with absorption so that may be why I had trouble. Switching to mag glycinate to see if that works better.

Bad Batch

Posted by Reviewer1586715 on Oct 22, 2012

I have used Now Magnesium Citrate for years for fibromyalgia with very good success. The last batch mixed differently, tasted differently and I reacted to it as if it was magnesium oxide with severe cramps and diarrhea. I quit taking it for 2 months and then tried again with the same results. I called Now, but they said they did not change their formula.

Mag citrate runs:(

Posted by Reviewer2858439 on Jun 20, 2011

So i had the goal of 1.2g of mag/day. After 1 serving of this i get huge bowel motility with the runs, does not feel great. Isnt better with meals. Even when i break it up in 1/4 doses, still have GI issues. Also cant put it in a water container for long before iy precipitates

Think twice

Posted by Reviewer1004427 on Nov 13, 2011

I purchased the powder form of magnesium citrate and it is too much bother. Pay a little more and get the capsules.

Almost inedible

Posted by 5298371398724060908 on Dec 10, 2013

I found this powder very difficult to tolerate in water and I am unable to drink juice. I tried mixing it with yoghurt but soy milk was the least distasteful way to drink it. Unfortunately I ordered four bottles of it and returning it is out of the question because of cost (I live overseas). I will discard the remainder of my order and try the capsules next time.

Disappointed...

Posted by Reviewer2129011 on Dec 11, 2010

I bought this product from Now Foods because natural Calm is so expensive. i was interested in magnesium supplementation to help me sleep, relieve stress, and ease sore muscles. Well, this powder doesn't really do anything for me. Doesn't help me sleep like natural calm does, got no relief muscle cramps like I have before with other products, and the powder doesn't even fully dissolve in water. It almost looks like watered down milk, again unlike natural calm. I love the Now Foods brand, but I was honestly disappointed with this product. I'm giving it 2 stars because I'm sure it probably works well for someone with a magnesium deficiency. iHerb got it here in no time though, this website is awesome!

to hard to drink

Posted by Reviewer1510038 on Dec 27, 2010

just to hard to get down. tried juice and water

Doesn'd dissolve real well

Posted by Reviewer2469235 on Jul 01, 2008

Also, has an odd taste.

Sleepy

Posted by Reviewer1694429 on Jul 14, 2009

Makes me sleep even when taking a very small amount.