10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Mag citrate by NOW

Posted by Reviewer3065421 on Sep 30, 2008

I bought this because the Calm product is much more expensive though it tastes great. This product tastes less tangy, more blah but really okay. The price is right.

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate" formula

Posted by 5232295890670795300 on Jun 12, 2014

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate". Tricitrate has more dense formula with 3 magnesium atoms in one molecule. This formula lets to reduce amount of powder to 1/2 tsp - which contains full daily dose. But it has worse water solubility. And for me it was not so effective as usual Citrate. Also it gives me some unpleasant side effects - sometimes after taking it I feel unpleasantly unemotional and closed into myself. This is not the same "calming" effect of usual Citrate. On the positive side it does help with sleep - I fall asleep much faster. I will switch to other brand next time.

Now Foods Magnesium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Oct 13, 2009

It's great to be able to take a supplement in pure powder form, as your body is more likely to absorb it well, and there are no other ingredients to react badly to. Magnesium's calming, so it can be helpful if, for example, you're wound-up, or sensitive to loud noises, or an uneasy sleeper. I take a couple of other forms of magnesium too, so I can't say for sure how well this works by itself. I prefer to take it at night, and am sleeping pretty well. I've taken this during the daytime too, though, and not felt any particular sedative effects, so I reckon it has a rather mild action. Certainly this product is hugely economical, worth giving it a try.

Magnesium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer1531614 on Nov 25, 2009

Tastes terrible but appears to do the job. No muscle cramps. They should make the powder finer so the magnesium citrate absorbs into fluid better.

ughh

Posted by Reviewer1481124 on Jan 13, 2010

I hate the taste even in juice I have a hard time choking it down. I am waiting to run out so I can get a tablet form.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »