Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

New batch tastes bad

Posted by Reviewer1967693 From Australia on Dec 15, 2012

Not sure what's happened, but the latest batch of this tastes really bad. Not sure if it's safe to take or not.

Amazing toilet cleaner!

Posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here on Mar 15, 2014

I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. But let me tell you something - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. Best source of magnesium - pumpkin seeds. 28g (1oz) of pumpkin seeds contain approx 150mg magnesium. If low magnesium is an issue for you, suggest avoiding foods high in molybdenum - molybdenum is a potent antagonist. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Most people need extra magnesium!

Posted by sweetheart From Finland on Jul 23, 2012

Very nice product with no fillers or additives at all! Affordable price too. Most people in western countries need extra magnesium. Magnesium citrate is a good form of magnesium unlike very commonly used magnesium oxide which goes straight through your intestines and only causes loss of money..

Minerals

Posted by Reviewer2426219 From California on Oct 19, 2007

Fast and excellent service

ow Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g) (NOW-01

Posted by Reviewer2548607 From California on Sep 22, 2008

they changed the formula--it should be slightly effervesent-it is too powdery-will not purchase this again.