Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz.

Posted by Reviewer2141289 on Feb 18, 2010

It dissolves fine, though leaving quite a bit of sediment on the bottom of the glass. The taste is a little tart, but I like it.

I like the magnesium citrate powder

Posted by Reviewer1386519 on Dec 23, 2008

I take this separately from calcium. Doesn't seem to cause loose stools as much as some others.

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate" formula

Posted by 5232295890670795300 on Jun 12, 2014

This is not a "Citrate" but "Tricitrate". Tricitrate has more dense formula with 3 magnesium atoms in one molecule. This formula lets to reduce amount of powder to 1/2 tsp - which contains full daily dose. But it has worse water solubility. And for me it was not so effective as usual Citrate. Also it gives me some unpleasant side effects - sometimes after taking it I feel unpleasantly unemotional and closed into myself. This is not the same "calming" effect of usual Citrate. On the positive side it does help with sleep - I fall asleep much faster. I will switch to other brand next time.

Mag citrate runs:(

Posted by Reviewer2858439 on Jun 20, 2011

So i had the goal of 1.2g of mag/day. After 1 serving of this i get huge bowel motility with the runs, does not feel great. Isnt better with meals. Even when i break it up in 1/4 doses, still have GI issues. Also cant put it in a water container for long before iy precipitates

Very Disappointing

Posted by Reviewer1313905 on Feb 28, 2014

After using another magnesium supplement I was very happy with, I decided to take a chance and try this one, as I've been satisfied with Now Food's other products. Compared to my regular brand, this one is really disappointing. It doesn't have the same effervescence, it stinks and the taste is awful (the other brand's plain version had a more neutral flavour), and the powder doesn't even dissolve completely making the drink gritty with a residue left in the bottom of the cup. I regret buying this and will be going back to my favourite brand next time I order.