Works great for toddler constipation

Posted by Reviewer1682992 on Apr 22, 2008

I bought this to help with my three-year-old son's chronic constipation. I read an article on-line that said 1/16 of a teaspoon a day mixed in yogurt or juice would help to soften and relax the bowels. After just a couple days it has worked wonders!

bad batch - unusable!

Posted by Reviewer1927634 on Nov 22, 2012

I've taking this for a quite a long time and it has been great. Now the latest batch (november 2012) was totally different. Powder smelled like floorwax and tasted as it smelled. I took it twice and that was it - no more. Before batches had certain slightly citrus flavour in it which was almost pleasant. Now the flavour is floorwax and it's unusable!

Great product.

Posted by Reviewer1280571 on Jun 06, 2007

This is a great product. After trying many brands, I prefer this the best because there are no extra ingredients and the taste is not that bad. A bit tart, but mixed with orange juice, not a problem.

Great product, best price

Posted by Reviewer2503069 on Dec 13, 2007

Best price I've found for my daily magnesium supplementation. Also, this product has helped my mom overcome years of constipation. She was so sensitive to calcium that even the slightest amount of it in a multivitamin would cause her severe constipation. With this product, that problem has now disappeared.

Magnesium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer1733868 on Jul 13, 2008

supplement needed for Lead Detox protocol

I like it.

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Mar 14, 2008

Very affordable and great supplement for heart health. I'm 4 weeks into taking this and my blood pressure has lowered significantly. It didn't happen overnight, but eventually I started noticing a subtle difference. In conclusion, this has improved my sleep, blood pressure, blood sugar control and overall mood. It's definitely a keeper.

Fast & Effective

Posted by bhaktaboy on Oct 03, 2012

Works fast and effectively at slowing me down, relaxing my muscles, enabling me to sleep well, take deeper more relaxed breaths throughout the day, and generally all round relaxed. Fantastic form of magnesium. I take 1-2 teaspoons a day with OJ.

Very Easy And Affordable Way To Get Enough Magnesium

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 08, 2015

This powder goes very well in all kinds of smoothies and in yogurt. It tastes a little bit sour, not much though. Usually I do not even notice that I have added this. This is pure magnesium citrate, nothing added, a big plus. Benefits of magnesium may be more far-reaching than we've imagined. For example for: fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, premenstrual syndrome, cardiovascular disease, migraine, aging. Magnesium also plays a role in your body's detoxification processes and therefore is important for helping to prevent damage from environmental chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins. Even glutathione, your body's most powerful antioxidant that has even been called "the master antioxidant," requires magnesium for its synthesis. There's no lab test that will give you a truly accurate reading of the magnesium status in your tissues. Only one percent of magnesium in your body is distributed in your blood, making a simple sample of magnesium from a blood test highly inaccurate. Early signs of magnesium deficiency to keep an eye out for include: loss of appetite, headache, nausea and vomiting, fatigue and weakness. An ongoing magnesium deficiency can lead to more serious symptoms, including: numbness and tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, coronary spasms, Magnesium citrate is magnesium with citric acid, which has laxative properties. However, I have not noticed anything. The difference between magnesium as a supplement and magnesium as a laxative is the dose. Magnesium Citrate is probably the most cost effective. (400 to 600 mg at bedtime is a good dose; or 200 to 300 mg two to three times a day). In a situation of magnesium deficiency, it may take up to 6 months of oral supplementation to correct things. I hope that you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Magnesium powder

Posted by Reviewer2077787 on Feb 17, 2008

Citrate is the best form of the magnesium. Great product I will order it again.

Curbs constipation due to PMS/FMS/IBS

Posted by Reviewer2420678 on Nov 20, 2009

Although it doesn't help alleviate my Fibromyalgia or Chronic Myofascial Pain, which it is often touted for, it is excellent at stopping constipation due to PMS/FMS/IBS. Much more gentle and natural feeling than Epsom salt. Just start low and find your right dose to avoid diarrhea. I find it best to take around meal time, so it mixes with food. Taken with freshly ground flax meal, bowel movements are smooth and easy, which gets rid of that horrible sharp bowel pain Fibros and IBS people are familiar with. It tastes fine mixed in water, a little like a chalky sour lemon mix. I prefer powder, so I can easily vary the doses, but some people may not like the taste. There is a slight relaxing effect, but nothing to write home about.