Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Caused diarrhea

Posted by Reviewer2484240 on Jun 22, 2009

Aware that magnesium and cause diarrhea when too much is used and when taken without calcium, so I was careful. Over time I found it began to cause diarrhea no matter how little I used. I have gluten sensitivity and though I'm on a gluten-free diet I may still have problems with absorption so that may be why I had trouble. Switching to mag glycinate to see if that works better.

Amazing toilet cleaner!

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 15, 2014

I used to be a fan of citrate, I really did. But let me tell you something - I had stains on my toilet bowl that nothing would remove - and I mean NOTHING. I tried the most industrial cleaners I could find, scouring pads and the strongest elbow grease I could muster - nothing worked. Then I remembered the amazing powers of citric acid and thought why not try it. I sprinkled some around the bowl and left it. And wow. I didn't even need to scrub the worst stain - it flushed away. I was gobsmacked. Citric acid is now my staple bathroom cleaner. And is one reason why I'll never take anything citrate again. As a 'mild' blood thinner and chelating agent, it might work wonders for those in need of an artery cleanse, but is definitely not for me. The results of my toilet bowl test certainly help explain some things. I've read krebs cycle formulations are less tolerated by those suffering allergies or immune dysfunction. Best source of magnesium - pumpkin seeds. 28g (1oz) of pumpkin seeds contain approx 150mg magnesium. If low magnesium is an issue for you, suggest avoiding foods high in molybdenum - molybdenum is a potent antagonist. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Cheap, not pure

Posted by aRPiieS on Jun 03, 2011

Again this Now Foods - Magnesium Citrate is the cheapest one and you will find that out, label says that it is 100% citrate only but when you try to dissolve it into water, you will find about 5-10% of remaining hard contamination on your mug after you drank everything else away. This contamination is maybe copper or some other metal, it turns greenish/bluish quite fast, should you drink this or not, well I don't as I do not have any idea what it is. Will not buy again definitely.

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012

Unpure

probably not even magnesium citrate

Posted by demonic-tree on Dec 30, 2012

so if you put it on the tongue it bites - too acidic. it doesnt dissolve completely. and i noticed some chemical fizzy reaction. so basically i put it into water, shake it well and leave for several minutes to have the reaction complete. then i drink leaving about half of the powder in the bottom. the odor reminded me a sewer. at least i hope that i consume SOME of actual magnesium citrate. i think it's kinda mix of citric acid and some magnesium inorganic salt, probably some carbonate. really poor experience with that product. all negative reviews are proved to be true.