Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 120 Vcaps

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer2123273 on Dec 29, 2009

This is one supplement where the effects are almost immediately noticeable. (usually overnight) I take magnesium citrate to help reduce muscle spasms but it also works as a mineral laxative. I've tried other brands and other formulas and I prefer this particular Now Foods formula. The capsules are easy to swallow and they don't upset my stomach.

Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1923677 on Aug 22, 2008

One of my best iherb purchases so far. Really helps to calm me down before going to bed. Also useful in stressful situations. Much better tolerated than the Oxide form.

prevents kidney stones

Posted by Reviewer1562500 on Aug 24, 2008

After having surgery for a kidney stone in spring 2008, the urologist who operated on me recommended that I take magnesium citrate to prevent more stones from forming. Have been using this supplement and so far no more stones.

Absorbs better than others

Posted by Reviewer3196692 on Jan 27, 2008

I tried a more expensive Magnesium that came in tablets. I had to take twice as much and it still did not work so I tested it, and it did not dissolve. With the NOW product in capsule form, I cut my dosage in half with great results.

Great magnesium citrate with a small serving size

Posted by odereviews on Feb 12, 2013

I’m glad that I’ve found magnesium citrate. Muscle cramps are past life. Helps me to relax after a hard day. Helps with restless legs too. I suggest taking magnesium citrate before going to sleep, as it relaxes your muscles nicely. Now Foods Magnesium Citrate 120 VCaps has been the best so far (with the price & quality ratio measurement once again). I take only two Vcaps daily, as 500mg would be too much for my stomach! Good alternative is Now Foods Magnesium citrate 180 Softgels, which has magnesium in three different forms: Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Malate.