Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 180 Softgels

worth trying

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on Jan 25, 2012

There are never any guarantees when it comes to supplements and how each individual will respond to them, but if you are plagued with occasional muscle cramps and/or general aches and pains, before spending money on more expensive treatments, do give magnesium a try. Bear in mind that it can have a mild to moderate sedative effect on some people, so you may want to take it before bedtime at first until you know your body responds. It apparently can also have a mild laxative effect, so again, bear that in mind. I bought this hoping to mellow out my insomnia and was pleasantly surprised to find that I no longer wake up with an aching back.

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer3186431 on Aug 14, 2010

I take magnesium for all the reasons it's important, but particularly including peristalsis. I am finding I need less milligrams for the same result with this product, which contains a combination of several different types of magnesium, than my previous product of magnesium citrate alone. I like it! The softgels are surprisingly large (long oval shape), but because they're softgels, I don't have any problem swallowing them.

Now foods

Posted by Reviewer2196636 on Mar 25, 2011

A very good product for the price. I am still researching the company. I'm very picky about my supplements and I will be calling or writing to the company to do research and will update later. You need magnesium next only to water. You need magnesium more than calcium. This supplement has stopped my heart palpatations and I don't take blood pressure medication any more. Oh my -- will the FDA come after me now!

Simply the best

Posted by 5063557352940106971 on Jan 16, 2013

I am 5'3" and 110 lb woman. I take 3 softgels nocte at 10 pm and feel deep relaxation 1 hour later. Because of this product I have the best sleep of my life, welcome regularity in the morning and it also surprisingly helped with my Asthma - less attacks and wheezing. I am not new to Magnesium Citrate. I used a pure powder by the same Now brand which at the same 400 mg elemental magensium level gave me a diarhea and wiped out tired feeling. The other product also has a gritty sandy texture and does not dissolve in liquids completely. This one however has smooth, easy to swallow softgels, induces reliably wonderful gentle relaxation 1 hour after taking it and has absolutely no unwelcome side effects for me. I've tried many supplements and this one is the best of them all. Highly recommended.

Long lasting magnesium citrate!

Posted by Reviewer3089763 on Jun 24, 2012

When using Magnesium Citrate. 300mg is pretty much the dose that my body can handle the best. If have worked out much I will take 3, but with 2 softgels, I can go almost three months. Magnesium Citrate helps me to relax after a hard day, and keeping muscle cramps away. Recommended!