♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Best Magnesium EVER !!

Posted by MarieCurie on Jan 24, 2015

Been taking this for 3 years . . . Bottom Line: YES, I would recommend this to a friend . . . Dietary supplement Magnesium Citrate Softgels provides magnesium in three forms (citrate, glycinate, and malate). Magnesium is a mineral involved in metabolism, muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, and bone mineralization. Three healthy adult volunteers 26-59 years old participated in a clinical trial to study the bioavailability of Magnesium Citrate Softgels, a dietary supplement by NOW Foods. Serum magnesium concentration was measured at baseline, and 1,4, and 24 hours following oral administration of 3 Magnesium Citrate Softgels providing 400 mg elemental Mg. . . RESULTS: The average magnesium peaked 4 hours after supplementation reaching 7% above the baseline level. Average magnesium returned to the near-baseline levels 24 hours post-supplementation, about 3% over the baseline level. . . . Check my profile (Green Text Maybe?) for more reviews! . . . If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to use the 'YES' button.

worth trying

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on Jan 25, 2012

There are never any guarantees when it comes to supplements and how each individual will respond to them, but if you are plagued with occasional muscle cramps and/or general aches and pains, before spending money on more expensive treatments, do give magnesium a try. Bear in mind that it can have a mild to moderate sedative effect on some people, so you may want to take it before bedtime at first until you know your body responds. It apparently can also have a mild laxative effect, so again, bear that in mind. I bought this hoping to mellow out my insomnia and was pleasantly surprised to find that I no longer wake up with an aching back.

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer3186431 on Aug 14, 2010

I take magnesium for all the reasons it's important, but particularly including peristalsis. I am finding I need less milligrams for the same result with this product, which contains a combination of several different types of magnesium, than my previous product of magnesium citrate alone. I like it! The softgels are surprisingly large (long oval shape), but because they're softgels, I don't have any problem swallowing them.

Now foods

Posted by Reviewer2196636 on Mar 25, 2011

A very good product for the price. I am still researching the company. I'm very picky about my supplements and I will be calling or writing to the company to do research and will update later. You need magnesium next only to water. You need magnesium more than calcium. This supplement has stopped my heart palpatations and I don't take blood pressure medication any more. Oh my -- will the FDA come after me now!

Good Product and a very good value

Posted by NBPT100 on Dec 03, 2015

I and many have written about the many benefits of magnesium and how today many are deficient do to current farming practices. This is being offered by iHerb at a very reasonable price making it a very good value. I like this product as it includes several forms of magnesium and it is in a soft gel cap for better absorption. There is no magnesium sterate in this which many supplements include to aid in the manufacturing process. Magnesium sterate has been show to interfere with absorption and can be an irritant to some. For years the conventional wisdom has said you should take calcium and magnesium in a 2:1 ratio. Some progressive doctors say take it in a 1:1 ratio. Now some are even saying 2:1 with magnesium being the 2. This is what I am now recommending to people as most fruits and vegetables have so much less Mg in then than they did 50 years ago. I see how people are benefiting. If you found this helpful please click the YES button and please read more value added reviews on my iHerb home page. Just click on my blue colored handle name above to get there. Peace and good health.

Simply the best

Posted by 5063557352940106971 on Jan 16, 2013

I am 5'3" and 110 lb woman. I take 3 softgels nocte at 10 pm and feel deep relaxation 1 hour later. Because of this product I have the best sleep of my life, welcome regularity in the morning and it also surprisingly helped with my Asthma - less attacks and wheezing. I am not new to Magnesium Citrate. I used a pure powder by the same Now brand which at the same 400 mg elemental magensium level gave me a diarhea and wiped out tired feeling. The other product also has a gritty sandy texture and does not dissolve in liquids completely. This one however has smooth, easy to swallow softgels, induces reliably wonderful gentle relaxation 1 hour after taking it and has absolutely no unwelcome side effects for me. I've tried many supplements and this one is the best of them all. Highly recommended.

This stuff works, but the gel tabs are large...

Posted by 5295718723596763766 on Sep 08, 2015

I had been taking 1000 mg of Magnesium a day for years but really didn't notice the benefits. That was because I was taking magnesium oxide - one of the least bio-available forms. I have Hashimoto's and with that, chronic constipation. I just started taking the Now mag citrate and it has made all the difference for me. I am finally starting to feel the benefits of not just the citrate, but also the glycinate and malate. My rating is 4 stars only because the softgels are huge (but I can get them down and they don't stick in my throat). As far as effectiveness goes, this product is a 5 and I will purchase again.

Long lasting magnesium citrate!

Posted by Reviewer3089763 on Jun 24, 2012

When using Magnesium Citrate. 300mg is pretty much the dose that my body can handle the best. If have worked out much I will take 3, but with 2 softgels, I can go almost three months. Magnesium Citrate helps me to relax after a hard day, and keeping muscle cramps away. Recommended!

Too much side-effects

Posted by Reviewer1733310 on Apr 19, 2012

Taking only 1 softgel a day - so 1/3 of the daily recommended value - I'm getting too much of the side-effects of magnesium - you know what I mean. And I don't see any of the supposed benefits. Don't know if I will keep my bottle, in case of need, or just throw it.

Great product used for few years!

Posted by Springtime on Jan 11, 2016

Magnesium is one of those supplements that is very well known for its benefits throughout the natural health community. Magnesium is involved in over 300 biochemical processes in the body.Dietary supplement Magnesium Citrate Softgels provides magnesium in three forms (citrate, glycinate, and malate). Magnesium is a mineral involved in metabolism, muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, and bone mineralization.There are different types of mag, but i find this one to be the best for me and my family. Magnesium Citrate is easily absorbed, and NOW® Magnesium Citrate Softgels are provided in a liquid base with chelated forms for superior bioavailability. I particularly like this Magnesium Citrate because it is a soft gel, and is easy to swallow, even though large in size. Good quality, price.. very happy with service and shipment!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »