Great source of magnesium

Posted by Reviewer2723286 on Sep 02, 2012

Two of these tablets furnish 400 mg of magnesium. Magnesium oxide, an inexpensive Magnesium compound, has the magnesium tightly bound and is rather ineffective as a source of magnesium.

Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 24, 2013

I have tried several different brands of magnesium citrate. I prefer this one, because I like Now Foods and because it lasts a long time. I haven't really noticed any differences between the brands.

good for everything

Posted by Reviewer2047688 on Jan 27, 2013

I've been trying to increase my magnesium intake for the last couple of weeks. This product seems to be very well absorbed at 2 per day - more than that and it gives me diarrhea. My menstrual cycle arrived unannounced this month (ie no spotting or cramping beforehand, and not a single cramp during) however I found myself feeling quite angry/anxious, which unfortunately for me (and my family) is quite normal. I've strangely been able to increase my dosage to 7 per day during my period, and no sign at all of loose stools, and my anger/anxiety has calmed a bit. I dont know if this is going to have the same effect next month, but I'm going to keep going at this level and hope so. I mainly started magnesium to try to alleviate bad lower back pain, so will report back if/when I have any success.

Price is good and citrate works well against muscle cramps

Posted by com-ko on Apr 15, 2012

I'm taking Magnesium Citrate for a couple of years now to prevent muscle cramps caused by heavy exercise. I tried magnesium oxide first, and that didn't work at all. With Magnesium Citrate i hardly ever have cramps anymore. I stopped taking this a couple of months ago and the cramping came back. So i guess I'll have to keep taking this.

This used to be my favorite magnesium

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 19, 2015

This brand of magnesium is great and the citrate form is good. I still buy this, mostly for my dad because it helps keep him 'regular'. I think he takes two a day. I'm not sure, but I think its also good for his heart. I used to take this one too, but now I take the glycinate form, which is slightly better absorbed, less likely to cause bowel issues, but for someone whocould use a little loosening up, this is perfect. Magnesium is calming, relaxing and good for muscles aches and pains.