お気に入りの商品をカートに入れてください。
ショッピングを続ける

Now Foods, Melatonin, 3 mg, 180 Capsules

Reviews 4-star

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Melatonin is a sleep hormone in our body and it helps to monitor sleep cycle. Melatonin can only be produced by the body in the absence of light simulation. You will find that it is always easier to fall asleep in absolute darkness. Melatonin is one of the most powerful anti oxidant produced naturally by our body that can cross blood brain barrier and other parts easily, boost other antioxidants, boost our immune system , regulates inflammation, prevent cancer, regulates other hormones, controls weight gain, prevent heart diseases, lower high cholesterol level and many others! In current society, there is too much artificial lighting that prevents us from having a deep sleep. Added with frequent time zone travelling, irregular sleeping hours due to work etc and late supper, nobody is really sleeping properly these days and producing enough melatonin. That’s why it’s important to take melatonin regularly. Pricewise, this is definitely value for money for 6 months supply. It is wise not to take melatonin daily as it might affect your own melatonin production so this bottle can last a long time! The caps are made of gelatin (not for vegetarian), not too big and easy to swallow. It comes with filler like rice flour (extra work for the stomach I guess). I find that 3mg is just nice for me and works within 30 min if taken on an empty stomach. Another important benefit is that if you suddenly find that you need to do something after taking melatonin, you easily stay awake without feeling sleepy or drowsy (like when you take medication or sleeping pill). A downside is that this melatonin is absorbed quickly and metabolized so sometimes I find myself awake after 4-5 hours of restful sleep. It can be a problem if you are awake much earlier than your regular waking hours and can't sleep anymore. Check out my page for more reviews!

Chronic Insomnia

Posted by Reviewer3198537 on Nov 02, 2009

I have suffered insomnia for a long time, just over the last 2 months it became unbearable. The only thing that used to help me was sleeping tablets, but after developing a dependance, they no longer worked. I heard about Melatonin, and that it was natural, but never thought it would work for me, but I tried it. As I live in Australia, it is available only on prescription, So I sent to your company. I have no hesitation in recommending this product to anyone, if it continues to work for me the way it is now. I do find the 3mg too strong for me, it leaves me a little tired and hung over. I split the capsule as suggested, and found that 1mg works perfectly well. My sleep has improved greatly. I would be the first person to buy a 1mg capsule if it were to be made available, as separating it becomes a little messy.

Helps

Posted by Reviewer3321370 on Jan 27, 2009

I am being helped by this product, but found I needed to take a smaller dosage. I took a full pill the first time and it made me wired. I opened the capsule and used about 1/4 of it and it did help me sleep better.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1283136 on Feb 29, 2008

I bought this because of trouble sleeping and it worked wonderfully, maybe too much so, the next morning I felt groggy, but I slept very well. I read that if you do feel this way upon waking, cutting back to half dose should work fine. Tried it and it gave me a headache, so I tried it at regular strength and it worked better, plus I didn't feel as groggy the next morning. I think it's important to take it at a resonable time just before you know you'll be going to bed within the half hour. Also, it maybe that my body is just very sensitive to melatonin. Obviously, others may have different experience. Overall, a good product.

Now Foods, Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer1032322 on May 09, 2010

Works well for sleep, it's easier to fall asleep after taking this. But it needs to be taken about half an hour before I go to bed. Can't complain though at this great price. Delivery was fairly quick. Thank you Iherb. Update: after repeated uses, I found that the effect is very gentle. It won't knock me out fast like I want, but I guess that is the nature of melatonin.