• Due to Japanese Custom’s regulations, a maximum of one bottle per order can be imported into Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Best Sleep EVER!

Posted by Reviewer1921553 on May 10, 2007

I've had trouble falling and staying asleep my entire life; I've tried every remedy and method of inducing sleep (chamomile tea, 5-htp and tryptophan supplements, staying away from bright lights near bedtime, meditation, etc). Nothing worked! I had previously tried a different brand of melatonin in a much smaller dose which was no help either. After trying Now Foods 3mg Melatonin I can not believe how easily I fall asleep! Small noises no longer cause me to fully wake-up in the middle of the night (I used to have to wear ear plugs because of this). I wake up feeling like I've actually SLEPT. Love this stuff!

We are both sleeping so much better!

Posted by Reviewer1797710 on Feb 16, 2008

We are 48 and 60 and were not sleeping as well as we once did. This product is very relaxing and creates sleepiness within 30 minutes or so. We have had to play around with the dosage so we don't wake up groggy (too much), and find 1/2 a tablet works for us. One of the advantages of these pleasant tasting chewable tablet is that it's easy to customize your dose by breaking or biting off just what you need. My brain feels better, and I've had fewer migraines since starting to use this product.

Bad Laxative

Posted by aRPiieS on May 28, 2011

Banged my head into a wall for four months and could not find out what caused my diarrhea until started eliminating supplements and what do you know, sorbitol was the culprit. Now is filled with sorbitol without any good reason, why should you chew this lozenge anyway, it does not effect any faster, the amount absorbed through your mouth is so small that it makes no difference. Choose tryptophan instead, slower acting but acts much longer and does not give you night sweats.

B6 added is better

Posted by Reviewer2831372 on Dec 06, 2007

by adding B6 to this product it aids in absorbtion of Melatonin. I have read that Magnesium should also be taken when taking B6 if you have vivid dreams from B6.

melatonin works for sleep

Posted by Reviewer2527580 on Nov 30, 2007

I used to use ambien nightly to help me sleep. Now I use 3mg melatonin and it works! Give it about a week to get into you system.

Brilliant for Insomnia

Posted by Reviewer2221857 on Nov 29, 2008

I have had trouble falling and staying asleep for years, I decided to try Melatonin after long-term use of Valium, and I can report that it is fantastic, I take 3mg of Now Foods Melatonin and within 45 minutes I can feel its affect and I am asleep within 1 hour which is brilliant for someone that who normally falls asleep in 3 hours. I have not been using Valium for 6 weeks now, all thanks to Melatonin.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Melatonin is a sleep hormone in our body and it helps to monitor sleep cycle. Melatonin can only be produced by the body in the absence of light simulation. You will find that it is always easier to fall asleep in absolute darkness. Melatonin is one of the most powerful anti oxidant produced naturally by our body that can cross blood brain barrier and other parts easily, boost other antioxidants, boost our immune system , regulates inflammation, prevent cancer, regulates other hormones, controls weight gain, prevent heart diseases, lower high cholesterol level and many others! In current society, there is too much artificial lighting that prevents us from having a deep sleep. Added with frequent time zone travelling, irregular sleeping hours due to work etc and late supper, nobody is really sleeping properly these days and producing enough melatonin. That’s why it’s important to take melatonin regularly. Pricewise, this is definitely value for money for 6 months supply. It is wise not to take melatonin daily as it might affect your own melatonin production so this bottle can last a long time! Somehow, I find it this product to be less effective as the 3mg capsules version from Now Foods. However, it is good if you need a more immediate effect as compared to capsules as it is absorbed instantly. Note that the lozenges contain some less healthy ingredients as well such as fructose, mannitol, sorbitol. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Check out my page for more reviews!

LOVE this product!

Posted by Reviewer2230854 on Jan 02, 2008

This product actually works. At a certain point it stopped being effective and my doctor told me to cut the pills in half and try a smaller dose. Bingo! That was the trick. I definitely don't sleep as well without my Melatonin!

satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1557655 on Sep 01, 2009

very good. I work 3rd shift and have to take rest during the day. Sometimes sleep is not easy. 3mg is the strong dose. other brands have 1 mg or 2 mg, but 3 mg is what I need. Have also purchased one for a sleepless friend (who doesn't like big habit forming pills). Will definitely reorder. iherb is excellent company. Thank you.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1006018 on Sep 18, 2013

These melatonin lozenges help me get sleep better than any other drugs or medicines! Will order again!