Now Foods, Melatonin, 3 mg, 180 Lozenges

satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1557655 on Sep 01, 2009

very good. I work 3rd shift and have to take rest during the day. Sometimes sleep is not easy. 3mg is the strong dose. other brands have 1 mg or 2 mg, but 3 mg is what I need. Have also purchased one for a sleepless friend (who doesn't like big habit forming pills). Will definitely reorder. iherb is excellent company. Thank you.

The Wonder Mint

Posted by Reviewer1122081 on Jul 22, 2010

I have lots of problems getting to sleep at night and had given up being able to find anything that works. My husband is on dialysis and the nurse practioner at his dialysis center recommended an OTC sleep aid that contains melatonin. He had me buy it for him one time and a package of 30 tabs was $10. I knew there had to be a better option so I came to iHerb and checked out the different products. This one was a good value at a good strength so I decided it was worth trying. IT IS WONDERFUL!! I sleep soundly every night now and don't have any trouble getting to sleep. No more lying there for hours looking at the clock. I chew one tablet about 30-60 minutes before I go to bed and it works great.

If you find my review to be useful, please click ‘Yes’. Also click my nickname for more of my reviews.

Posted by Reviewer-From-Slovakia on Feb 14, 2014

Melatonin is hormone produced by pineal gland, but unlike other exogenous hormones, supplementation does not influence natural production, so it is safe to take it for longer period of time without building tolerance which is unfortunately present with prescription pills for sleep (benzodiazepines). Melatonin works for 1) insomnia 2) jet lag 3) settling down after stimulant use (ADD/ADHD medication) 4) benzodiazepines withdrawal 5) helps to quit smoking (because of downregulation of noradrenaline and dopamine) and it is also powerful antioxidant with neuroprotective effects. Other great supplements for sleeping worth trying are Magnesium (preferably citrate form), 5-HTP (also works for battling depression) and Theanine (relaxing amino acid from green tea).

did not work for me

Posted by Reviewer2814970 on Jan 10, 2011

I tried taking one tablet but still did not sleep, after a few nights I increased the dose but it just made me feel sick and still did not work So no good for me

Great price but Horrible tasting chewable Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer2764780 on Apr 20, 2009

The Chewable Melatonin is terrible tasting.