Mood Support

Posted by Reviewer1237620 on Feb 28, 2008

Great product. It has everything I was looking for in an herbal supplement for mental calmness. Helps with anxiety and the overwhelming feelings a mom of two young active boys can feel during the day. I have recently stopped an SSRI and consulted a NP/herbalist in regards to help make the transition from pharmaceutical to herbal. I also use L-Suntheanine chewables for calmness as well.

Works for me

Posted by Reviewer2624260 on Feb 01, 2008

I've been taking 5-HTP for soft/mild depression for a few months. It works. It relaxes you and puts a smile in your face. I do not perceive any harmful side effects. The only thing in my case is that higher doses of 5-HTP get me sleepy and bit dizzy. I was taking only 5htp like 20mg in the morning and 20 to 50mg at night, about 2 hours before going to bed. It improved my mood for sure and the vivid dreams were bearable. Higher doses would give me nightmares... This formula worked for me straight away as it would for anyone I think especially because of the 20mg of 5-HTP. I've been taking for only a week and my mood is great. Take only one in the morning and one about 3 hours before bed. Good enough. It doesnt get me sleepy and tired and the herbs combo seems to be a good balance. I combine it with multivitamins and spirulina. Lots of energy and great mood!

My first time trying this. WOW

Posted by Reviewer1602129 on Apr 30, 2011

I really was skeptical about this. I have had depression and anxiety alot this year due to stressful cicumstances. I was finding myself with no patience for my family and to be an all around irritable person. So I was determined to try anything and everything left to try! St. Johns Wort alone had no effect on this after trying for years. After doing much reading I tried GABA and L Theanine, and that seemed to really help with tension and anxiety, and really helps me sleep! 5htp I think is helping with depression, but this Mood Support is on its own something else. Even when taking these other supplements, if I am getting crabby or irritable it makes a HUGE difference. About 1-2 hours later I realize I again LIKE the people around me, and I feel positive and balanced. It really works so much better than I could have imagined it would! I think NOW foods really knows what they are doing with these synergistic blends, as I take Respir-all for allergies and it also is incredible! I have already recommended this to many friends.

Gave it a go

Posted by Reviewer1704933 on May 05, 2008

I really love the formulation of this Mood Support formula. However, I have tried to take on 2 seperate occasions and I believe it's the Valerian that is causing the unpleasant side effects. I suffer from dizziness that can lead to vertigo, anxiety and a little depression. This calms the anxiety, but at night seems to kick up the dizziness. I took one in the morning, and one 3 hours before bed with food. The first dose was more tolerated. On both attempts I couldn't get to the 3rd day of taking this. I do feel a little 'groggy' through the day as well. I have a sensitive system, so I tend to feel everything! Dang, I gave it a go! I will look for something without the Valerian, and see if that was the cause.

Great

Posted by Reviewer1758875 on May 02, 2009

This is great for mood swings and keeping a good emotional balance

Best thing on the market

Posted by 5340334195381344902 on Nov 18, 2015

I have been suffering with anxiety and depression. Sometimes it gets so bad to a point where I am unable to go to school or continue with my daily work. Sometime I wake up feeling that my life is over. However, I take two capsules in the morning and take a short nap and as soon as I wake up about two hours later I could not even remember why I was so upset! It may sound too good to be true but it really REALLY works. I will definitely be taking this long term and hopefully the effects will last.

No mas depresion

Posted by Reviewer1283867 on Jan 30, 2010

Buen producto, muy completo.

Now Foods, Mood Support

Posted by Reviewer1539519 on Apr 09, 2008

Love this product. My use is for menopause. Helps me to sleep at night.

great mood mix

Posted by Reviewer2193775 on Nov 21, 2007

A great mix of mood-supporting herbs. I take at night before going to sleep as it helps me relax as well.

very good