• Customer Ratings

Mung Beans

Posted by Sprinkles on Mar 28, 2010

HEY! These are surprisingly good! I bought these for healthy nutrition, but boy was I surprised when they tasted so good! I actually originally bought them to sprout, but then I learned that under my Protein Metabolic Type, sprouted beans and seeds are really not the best for me, so I decided to soak and cook them instead (using them this way is good for me). Apparently, sprouting them must leave them in too high of a carbohydrate stage for a Protein Type person, whereas cooking them pushes them into the protein realm. Anyway, I soaked them overnight and cooked them as a side at the next evening's dinner, just like you would with any other dried beans. After cooking and draining, I added some coconut oil and some Klamath Miracle Krystal salt (himalayan salt), and both my husband and I thought they were just delicious. They had an obviously milder and more pleasant flavor than all other dried beans or peas that I have cooked before. I'm looking forward to cooking these as sides with dinner occasionally from now on!

good fresh beans.

Posted by 5012605185043999151 on Feb 19, 2014

So far I have gotten 100% of the mung beans to sprout. Very pleased.

Now Foods, Mung Beans

Posted by Reviewer1552092 on Sep 24, 2008

Purchased for my parrots. Very satisfied with the quality and freshness. My plans are to use for sprouts and mash recipes.

Tasty addition to salads

Posted by Reviewer1928956 on Jan 22, 2016

I like a lot of crunch in salads, and mung sprouts are easy to grow and crunchy to use. They add nutrition to my dinner, too. Can't beat 'em. Good stuff, just like the rest of NOW products.

Good

Posted by 4771393685129604012 on Jul 01, 2014

My wife uses these for sprouting and so far she can't stop saying good things about how lovely the process is.

from Ukraine

Posted by Reviewer2181146 on May 17, 2010

high quality very clean.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2986614 on Jan 17, 2012

These things make very good sprouts in a few days. I will order more of this product.

Mung Beans sprouting seeds