10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Now Foods, NAC, 600 mg, 250 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

VERY EFFECTIVE FOR ALLERGIES AND STUFFINESS

Posted by Reviewer1105031 on Oct 23, 2009

I started taking this about 6 months ago and I know now that I will take it for the rest of my life. As someone who suffers from allergies to several things, as well as chronically waking up in the morning with fairly restricted nasal passages, I now take one of these capsules (600 mg) as soon as I get up and within about 15 minutes I can breathe much easier. A terrific immune system booster also -- as cysteine is the rate-limiting precursor to glutathione, the body's main fuel for the I.S. The label doesn't say this, but you should also take vitamin C at the same time -- not only for synergistic effect, but to prevent any possibility of kidney stones from long term use. I'd recommend 500 mg with each capsule taken. Like all amino acids, take on an empty stomach with water (ie. 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after). I'd also suggest methionine for those who experience high histamine levels.

Increase my stamina and clear my lungs

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 16, 2012

Some hospitals use NAC to reduce mucus in the lungs and improve breathing in patients with chronic bronchitis and COPD.

NAC for NRG (Energy)

Posted by Reviewer1541674 on Feb 03, 2008

Yes, NAC helps mitigate the sedation of psychiatric meds. I couldn't have gotten through my recent academic program without NAC in the mornings!

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer2823540 on Oct 31, 2010

I have been using various supplements to good effect, but Now NAC topped it off for me. I used to have low energy in the morning and hit lows in the late afternoons, but after taking this supplement, my mood has been centered, I feel better, and I look a little healthier. It may have to do with my body blood type in that I do not make enough neurocrine hormones (adrenaline, dopamine, epinephrine, etc.) So, the selenium production/inclusion helps, as well the glutathione production is said to help with the liver healing, and joint mobility and is an antioxidant found in every cell of the body so helps with binding to free radicals inside the cells In conclusion, it is working good for me so far.

fbl

Posted by Reviewer2558795 on Jun 12, 2008

I take NAC, two capsules 1000 mg, about twice a day during allergy season. It really helps. I also use Source Naturals Allercetin as a back-up. With these two remedies I haven't had to do allergy shots in 10 years and I still keep clear sinuses.