not just for men

Posted by Reviewer1536822 on Sep 12, 2008

I've switched contraceptives recently from hormone based pill to a non hormone IUC. I had great lack of sexual desire and intimacy(Due to the pill). I wanted to get my hormones back to normal quickly. Did some research on why and how the pill could inhibit libido. Too much estogen increases Sex Binding Hormone Globulin (SHBG) levels inhibiting women's free form testosterone. Then I looked up herbs that can counteract and reduce SHBG levels. Stinging Nettle Root Extract was the safest bet. I began taking it in early Ausgust starting at 2 caps daily then to 3 caps. My desire for intimacy increased within a week and I welcomed my fiance's simplest touch when for a long time I didn't! I want to add that my now free testosterone has abled me to burn off some stuborn fat! So I would recommend this to other women who are experiencing similiar hormonal difficulties.

Strongest Testosterone Booster

Posted by Reviewer2373257 on Mar 26, 2011

I keep several herbs to boost my T levels like goat weed, maca, tribulus. The Stinging Nettle Root works the best by far. I feel much more confident and have strong erections that I hadn't felt in ten years. I would like to try the Eclectic Institute next to compare but this certainly works.

Works for my allergies

Posted by Reviewer1047073 on Nov 25, 2009

It took a few years for me to realize that I was allergic to my dog. Instead of taking antihistamines I decided to try a natural remedy that inhibits the histamines from ever being created. It works for me!

Highly recommended.

Posted by Reviewer2218446 on Oct 24, 2008

This product is awsome! I have some loose skin and stubborn fat due to too much estrogen. I'm almost done with the first bottle and I have noticed a significant drop in weight. Nettle inhibits all 3: DHT, Aromatase and SGBH. I would give this 6 stars if I could. I'm taking this in combination with Saw palmetto, DIM, and indole-3-carbinol. I should note, since this increases testosterone, it has also affected my mood. I have been a little angry and moody lately because of the increased testosterone, so supplement with care.

Using Stinging Nettle Root Extract

Posted by Reviewer2605737 on Nov 18, 2010

I've been taking nettle root extract for at least 6 months now, for two reasons: 1)To free up my blood testosterone and thereby maintain my libido, energy and muscle mass. 2)To control the benign enlargement of my prostate. I take 2x 250mg caps each morning and evening. I also take 10,000mg of tribulus to boost my total testosterone to a level which is holding above average, even for a youngish guy (I'm 69years old). They seem to be working on all fronts. Past trials with epilobium and saw palmetto didn't seem to do anything for me. Finally, I do follow the old adage of "use it or lose it." Richard

Powerful anti-inflammatory

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

And conditioning/toning action for the upper respiratory system. I have year-round allergies and this helps so much. I am also allergic to white bread although I still indulge sometimes. I take Nettles or Nettles with Quercitin, and believe it or not it helps with my food allergy symptoms as well (which are sneezing, stuffy nose, basically just like inhaling dust).

Think it's working to lower SHBG

Posted by Reviewer2820125 on Oct 05, 2010

I have to take estrogen and testosterone and my total testosterone was high, but % of free testo low. All that SHBG was binding up my free t3 as well. NOT GOOD! So I've been using these and within a couple of weeks, I was able to lower my thryoid meds as I think not so much is being bound up by SHBG. I have to get my free testo checked to see what is going on, but I do think this product is working.

Did Wonders for Allergies !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

This has done wonders for my allergies, making it possible for me to tolerate my fall allergies with little discomfort this fall compared to usually being quite ill from the fall allergies. It also has lowered my blood sugar, which I am happy about. However I have had an unpleasant and possibly risky side-effect; and that is breast enlargement and tenderness occurring in less than a month of using the product. This is a known possible side-effect in both men and women. After only 30 days use I am going to try not taking it and hope my allergies remain tolerable. If not, I may use it at a reduced dosage until the severe fall allergies subside. I will only use it at the worst allergy times of the year, but not fulltime due to the side effects. If the breast enlargement continues to worsen I will not be able to continue taking this product at all. I read that Nettle root is a known to be a great source of beta-carotene and vitamin C. In North America, the root of the nettle is used to treat different health concerns than the leaves. This root of particular herb is known to be a diuretic and commonly used in the treatment of certain prostate issues in men, such as mild forms of benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatitis. This particular herb has historically been used to treat and prevent baldness and combat dandruff and oily hair. In certain Latin-American medicines, the whole plant is used to treat respiratory issues, diarrhea, diabetes and heavy menstrual bleeding. The root of the nettle herb has also been employed in treating gingivitis, PMS, multiple sclerosis, gout, hives, kidney stones and laryngitis. If you are looking to buy the best supplements at a reasonable price, compare these products using our reviews and you will surely find a product that fits all of your health needs. Nettle root has a long history of use in traditional medicine as a diuretic to reduce fluid retention and to treat inflammatory disorders, particularly eczema, arthritis and etc.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Best Capsules EVER !!!

Posted by L-I-V-E--122--YEARS on Jan 26, 2014

This product helps me to void my bladder at night. I have an enlarged prostate and this was the final piece of the puzzle that enables me to get a good night's sleep. . . . Click on my username for more reviews! . . . If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'YES' button.

SHGB Lowering

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Feb 18, 2009

This product seems to be helping with my libido and doing this by lowering my SHBG allowing more testosterone to become free and available.