Great quality but be prepared to flush

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

Beware...if you have not used niacin before this is likely to give you a really hot flush as this is a large dose. I would suggest you start at a lower dose (like 100mg or less) and work your way up to this strength. A niacin flush can be unpleasant if you are not expecting it but once you are used to it, it's quite pleasant and relaxing. I have found niacin to be a saviour for my mood and especially for difficulty going to and staying asleep. I have some niacin before bed and fall asleep quickly - something I've never been able to do! Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

The modern world needs niacin.

Posted by 5378248820893374099 on Dec 22, 2013

From deep depression to feeling normal again, within a week. Yes this product will give you a flush. Yes that is normal. Yes, it t can be unpleasant. But the flush is also beneficial, is part of a healing process, and is by far, not the worst thing in the world. It will also disappear after about a week of use. I have been using Now Foods Niacin for over 5 months now (daily). It is a quality product, and works well. See information from Dr Andrew Saul & Dr Abram Hoffer for dosage information. All mental illness & brain biochemical problems should be dosed with niacin. Also very good for lessening the severity of allergies.

Quality product!

Posted by Reviewer2156323 on Dec 31, 2012

This is a real quality niacin. The capsules are easy to swallow. My husband and I worked ourselves up to 500mg at a time. Occasionally I still experience a brief flashing but it does not bother me. Do remember to take on a full stomach. For information on proper niacin dosing and niacin saturation visit Dr. Andrew Saul's website at doctoryourself.com

niacin lowers blood pressure

Posted by Reviewer1973513 on Aug 01, 2011

My BP was running marginally high at around 150/85. After about two months of taking this producgt 1-2 times per day it is back to normal at 126/70. Great product!!!

Great Flush!

Posted by Reviewer1403500 on Aug 28, 2013

I like this Niacin the flush was great and the high mg content is superior but it has Magnesium Sterate which sucks so I switched to Jarrow.

Do not take on empty stomach!

Posted by psoriasis on Jan 24, 2014

If you never took the Niacin then take this after a meal to avoid the strong flush reaction!

Niacin

Posted by Reviewer2097701 on Jul 26, 2011

Excellent product. Marvelous service!

well, it worked

Posted by Reviewer1158744 on Mar 23, 2012

I know this worked as I had a major niacin flush within a half an hour. I am glad I had heard of this as it would have been scary otherwise. My whole body turned bright red and was very hot. I felt awful and the effect lessened but did linger for a couple of hours. I dare not try it again!

good

Posted by Reviewer1960308 on Feb 15, 2012

large capsules - gives good flush

Fountain of Youth..

Posted by 4871457256774475382 on Apr 05, 2015

My GP tried to put me on statins for high cholesterol about 2 yrs ago and after researching the topic I decided I would stick to the 'gold-standard' of lipid control Nicotinic acid. I have lowered the bad and raised my good cholesterol significantly, which statins alone cannot do. Also B3 has other benefits on the blood vessels and circulation. Side effects occur only after the first dose a.m which I take in bed and the next dose has no side effects. Also as an exercise mimetic Niacin has contributed to significant weight loss and greater energy levels.It should be taken in conjunction with the whole B vitamin family for best results. Ofcourse everyone should discuss with their doctor prior to self-prescribing.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »