Niacin Flush

Posted by Reviewer3276926 on Dec 14, 2015

Wow, Took one and about 15min later felt on fire. had to go to bed to escape. spent the next 16 hours in bed. Not sure where the stirred up toxins went but am off to a detox bath tonight.

strong, makes you very sleepy and gave me a strong flush!

Posted by 4970705646497019714 on Jun 19, 2015

even taking it direct after eating it gave me a strong flush. I felt itchy and shivery, like I had flu, and then really sleepy. Definitely knocks you out for sleep although you do wake up in the middle of the night. Not sure what to make of it but obviously doing something!

LIPIDS VERY SATISFACTORY

Posted by Reviewer2567599 on Apr 15, 2015

I take 1 twice daily. My HDL is high, my triglycerides are low and my LDL is lower but still above the "recommended " level. I feel sure if I took a higher dose my LDL would fall further. I don't bother because sometimes I still get flushes.I've been taking for a few years now.

Fountain of Youth..

Posted by 4871457256774475382 on Apr 05, 2015

My GP tried to put me on statins for high cholesterol about 2 yrs ago and after researching the topic I decided I would stick to the 'gold-standard' of lipid control Nicotinic acid. I have lowered the bad and raised my good cholesterol significantly, which statins alone cannot do. Also B3 has other benefits on the blood vessels and circulation. Side effects occur only after the first dose a.m which I take in bed and the next dose has no side effects. Also as an exercise mimetic Niacin has contributed to significant weight loss and greater energy levels.It should be taken in conjunction with the whole B vitamin family for best results. Ofcourse everyone should discuss with their doctor prior to self-prescribing.

Very good!

Posted by 5450558463646035605 on Jan 27, 2015

Very good product! I take it for depression. Good flush, not too much.

niacin

Posted by 5501897303952167393 on Nov 13, 2014

straf product, moet opgebouwd worden met een lagere dosis! kreeg er de eerste keer na inname ( geen opbouw) een behoorlijke. bloeddrukval

For cholesterol and blood circulation

Posted by DeanaS on Oct 10, 2014

This is the dose you need to take every evening at bedtime, although I know of others who build up to taking even more. Start off at 100mg so the flush isn't too alarming. Take at bedtime so you hopefully miss the flush totally. Non flush niacin is not going to help.

Greta sleep aid and flush isn't too intense.

Posted by 5184474803692484564 on Sep 17, 2014

Now supplements are just fantastic!

Gives hot flashes

Posted by 5400632715080281973 on May 21, 2014

It gives really hot flashes, even after I've taken it for more than a month. But after some time it becomes not an unpleasant experience, but rather calming thing. I have yet to try it as sleeping agent, as suggested in another review of this product.

Now Foods Niacin 500

Posted by 5056318909055547144 on Mar 26, 2014

I wish I had read the review about the "flush" you may get with those does!!! I broke out all over red and hot and ended up at the Urgent Care Clinic, thinking I was having and allergic reaction. Fortunately the doctor knew immediately what had happened when I told her I had taken niacin.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »