Yeast Flakes

Posted by Reviewer2890522 on Nov 07, 2007

Kind of a weird taste, but in a GOOD way. I recommend them! Good fiber, good for the hair.

love it!

Posted by Reviewer2733141 on Jun 18, 2009

I absolutely love nutritional yeast. I sprinkle it on popcorn, pasta, tofu scrambles, etc. It's delicious and has lots of B vitamins. I use it anywhere one would use cheese.

Tasty Cheese Alternative

Posted by rabbit on Aug 22, 2012

Nutritional yeast has a nutty, cheesy flavor which is exquisite in many different recipes. I am vegan, so I use it mainly as a cheese flavor replacement. I use it to make a variety of vegan cheeses, alfredo sauce, cream of broccoli soup, au gratin potatoes, scalloped potatoes, cheesy mashed potatoes, and many other recipes. Nutritional yeast is also a great way to get a wide variety of essential vitamins through your food. After eating it, my urine is always bright yellow and I feel great. As of this writing, the KAL brand, which iHerb also stocks, offers a better deal for the money and tastes just as good, if not better than this or any other brand I've tried.

Great product

Posted by ejade03 on Nov 24, 2013

This is my second purchase of this brand of Nutritional Yeast - it's delicious and good value for money.

Excellent value!

Posted by 5316041887926119916 on Jan 20, 2014

I love this stuff! I'm a vegan, so interesting food and depth of flavor is extremely important to me. I add it to soups, sauces, salad dressings and lentil loaves and it adds such a wonderful umami taste. Not only that, but the canister is a very generous size, really good value! I can't believe people give this stuff to dogs! It's much too good for dogs.

Best I've tried.

Posted by h-anna on Aug 15, 2013

I haven't tried KAL's yeast, but it is no longer available here so never mind. But I tried Bob's Red Mill. I prefer Now Food by far, both for taste and for vitamin content.

I love this stuff.

Posted by Reviewer1585592 on Oct 03, 2009

I've been using it on fresh tomatoes and cucumbers as well as on sprouted nuts and seeds. It's good in green/veggie smoothies too.

Excellent Popcorn "Salt" without the concern about BP.

Posted by Reviewer1430302 on Jan 14, 2010

I've been using this type of yeast for the past 10-12 years. Ever since a friend gave me the tip. I stopped using salt on the popcorn and have never looked back. I'm sure it would be a good topping for other stuff, but I am aok with using on my favorite treat.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1513084 on Jan 14, 2010

This can be used on almost anything from salads, popcorn, to steamed veggies or bananas. Good with kelp on popcorn. These are flakes not powder, the flavor is excellent and the price reasonable. Worth trying,

Wonderful...

Posted by Reviewer2169827 on Feb 05, 2008

Not gritty an blends well with smoothies.. my daughter is truly enjoying this product.