10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, Organic, Inulin, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Caution! Serious problem with this product!

Posted by Reviewer2244396 on Nov 03, 2012

I have purchased NOW INULIN for many years and recommended it almost as long in classes I teach on natural treatment for osteoporosis. Taking mineral supplements simultaneously with INULIN doubles the absorption of minerals. Two years ago, I purchased 10 bottles of NOW INULIN from iherb as usual, but the product I received was all damaged. The smooth sweet taste and white, easily dissolved texture were gone and replaced by a strong scorched taste, light brown color, low solubility and disaggreeable gut symptoms on ingestion. I notified iherb, and I contacted NOW, eventually reporting to their "quality control" department. So far, so good. I am a chemist by profession, and deal with chemical manufacturers constantly. Things go wrong. In this case, it's very simple. Inulin is a very simple product. Grind up the root, dry the mash to produce a powder. If it's scorching, the drying temperature is too high. Control the drying temperature. Inulin is also a very, very cheap product. It is a common ingrediant in animal feeds because adding it improves the absorption of mineral supplements so that expensive additives are maximized by adding a very inexpensive product. Only a tiny amount of inulin produced in this country ends up in pretty little bottles for human consumption. And cows don't complain that the root is burnt. But my product was not replaced or refunded, several purchases of multiple lots over the last two years have all been scorched, also not replaced or refunded. Inulin purchased from other brands have been normal. I made my last purchase a month ago, still damaged. This is a manufacturer without effective quality control procedures and indifferent corporate behavior. I've had to recommend other sources for two years, but after two years I have to now change my approach to this problem. Knowingly selling a burnt product is a bigger problem than failed quality control. It may certainly be ineffective as intended by the user. Far worse, burnt product is on some level toxic. "Browning" is unmistakeable evidence of maillard products, which are inflammatory chemicals that are permanently deposited in vulnerable tissues like retina, joints, artery, etc. Small amounts are produced in the body naturally, but far greater amounts are produced by hazardous cooking methods. Accumulation of these products signficantly speeds up aging. I vigorously avoid cooking methods that produce these chemicals, and do not want to consume them from irresponsible manufacturers. I can no longer purchase NOW INULIN, but I must also question any product from a manufacturer demonstrating indifference on this level for this long.

Most effective product for candida

Posted by Reviewer1477905 on Jun 10, 2008

This is the only candida fighting product that has ever worked for me. I take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day in the middle of my meal and with 10-12 ounces of water. If you take it outside a meal or without adequate water you may experience some intestinal discomfort as I did. Give it a month to see the effect.

Dal and Gin

Posted by Reviewer2383717 on Feb 05, 2008

We beleive in NOW products. We add one ounce of Stevia extract powder to an eight ounce bottle of NOW inulin and use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon to sweeten drinks, oatmeal, strawberries and such things. It's a great natural way to add a little sparkle to your food and drinks with healthful side affects. We highly recommend it.

now foods inulin

Posted by Reviewer1711701 on Feb 05, 2008

This is a state of the art product for the treatment of candida overgrwth at a reasonable price.

Now Foods Inulin Powder

Posted by Reviewer1243006 on Sep 04, 2008

Excellent product for Candida detox. I highly recommend in conjunction with garlic and probiotics.