Good for adrenal support

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

There are many good reviews written here. I see many people have praised this for treating acne when taken at high doses. I have not used it for that but it does not surprise me. I have used it to boost my adrenals and it does help. If I take it too late in the day it can interfere with sleep. I have read that others find that it helps them sleep better. I typically take 500 mg a day but have taken up to 1,500mg per day. Pantothenic acid is a precursor to pantothene which in turn is a precursor to pregnenalone which is a high level adrenal hormone. It is a precursor to many other hormones such as testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, etc. Pantothene has been shown to lower total cholesterol and triglycerides in clinical studies. If you found this helpful visit my home page where you can see other value added reviews. Thanks, peace and good health

Thank GOD my terrible acne face improved finally after 12 years!

Posted by 5274027332255808811 on Aug 30, 2013

Singapore doesnt seem to sell pantothenic acid 500mg but managed to find one and only brand which is GNC selling it. As it was pretty expensive, I bought Now Foods pantothenuc acid online which is almost more than70% cheaper. My dad had very bad acne when he was young and so do I. I started to have super oily face and huge red bumps, big pores problem and painful acne since 15. Am stillbattling with acne even at the age of 27 . Its really very depressing that I hardly see many people with such terrible condition for the past 12 years. This resulted in me being very shy and anti social and often being referred as unfriendly or werido. People on the road often stare at my face and frequently disturbed by sales assistants asking me to buy products and stuff. If you are like me, you will know how it feels. It is really depressing... I dare not look myself into the mirror and would always go under dim light to apply acne medications. I have tried almost all kinds of remedy including mild antibiotics to the strongest doze (vit A, isotretenon), TCM, BZ peroxide, sulphur, zinc, exposed skincare, clearpore, proactive, retin A cream, facial, detoxicification, and many many more. Nothing helps and my face at any point of time is oily, red, open pores and at least 15 or more red angry acne of at least 4 mm in size with lots of scars, blackheads, whiteheads, and very rough... I had to use BB Cream to cover those flaws but still my acne face is very horrible and i look much more older than my actual age. Thank GOD I started about 3 weeks ago with about 4g per day for about a week, i realised that the oily on my face started to reduced a little though still very oily when it still in the morning about 11am but saw some improve in the production of oily. For the one week, i realised that my acne and pimples healed within about 2-3 days as compared to the past where those bump can stay there for almost a week before it goes flat. As acne and pimples are caused by the oil on your face and dirt, with the gradual reduction of oil on my face, slighly lesser acne and pimples growing. I was very happy. Second week, i increased my dose to about 6g and by third week 7g. Currently i am still on 7g and i do not plan to increase my dose as the oil on my face has almost reduced by 65 as compared to before! I can say that for the past 12 years, i had never experienced what i experience now, where I have lesser than 6 red bumps and acne. In the past, the oily face makes me look super old and tired but now that the oily has reduced, my complexions looks better with life. Though I still have lots of red and brown scars, big pores which will take quite somtime to heal, now am really content with the great reduction in oil and acne. I will contine with this product at about 7g, max 8g for a few months and hope my face can contine to get better. My two cents worth, food that contains high sugar, fried n oily stuff, it is best to avoid them. I realised that even with taking pantothenic acid, eating chocolates, fried stuff will give me acne and bumps the next day. Also, at least 8 hours of sleep is important and best to turn in before 11am. Some additional supplements such as vit E, EPO, fruits, veg and water are vital. Never touch your face even if you think your hands are clean.

For acne

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Sep 30, 2012

Read about people healing acne with this; of course through God's will first. I started with less, then max 25 caps of these a day and my skin started to clear up. But then I ran out and my skin broke out again..if you take 25 like I do one bottle only lasts for 10days! But honestly, it's totally worth it if it helps with my acne. Taking too much does nothing negative to the body. Excess gets peed out. Still, the way I do it should probably done only for a couple of month, heal skin, then continue taking lower dosage as maintenance. If you're suffering of acne on your cheeks & chin only, try this might help you as it helped me. You are not alone I know how you feel it's so so depressing. But nothing lasts forever better things are on the way! Good luck & never forget, everything happens for a reason, always for the better, in my case, I feel God wanted me to take better care of my body in all different ways so he sent me a clear message to my face that I could not miss. Thank you God for helping me grow. Everything happens at the perfect time.

clear beautiful skin

Posted by Reviewer1985232 on Nov 15, 2009

Everyday I take 2 of these capsules 3-4 times a day and I have had beautiful skin ever since (takes about a month or 2 to become fully clear, but since then-- going on 5 months strong now with gorgeous skin, after living with moderate-severe acne for the past 7 years of my life)... Do not need to do anything else. Truly is my miracle pill. And Now Foods provides the best quality at the cheapest prices. iherb service could not be more satisfying- best place to buy your supplements. Could not be more thankful!! =)

ADD -ADHD Alternative

Posted by Reviewer3290020 on Jan 11, 2009

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago and I was against medicating her. My husband who is very well educated on natural supplements gave my daughter DMAE along with Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) and as far as I am concerned it works better than any ADD - ADHD drug on the market. You need the Vit B5 for the DMAE to convert in the brain. She is 16 now and takes 3 X DMAE 250mg caps and 3 X Pantothenic Acid 500mg caps. Everyone can tell when she hasn't taken her vits !!

Energy supplement for adrenal

Posted by Reviewer1365586 on Dec 17, 2008

Much less fatigue and more energy in the morning. Have taken 500 mg a day along with B-50 and Niacin without any side effect, next want to increase to two (1000 mg) a day. Seems to boost blood circulation and lipid metabolism which is a major energy source for heart and skelital muscle.

It really helps!

Posted by 5357821845414616890 on Jul 18, 2012

I started taking this for anxiety, and it has worked really well. I'm now a month into my trial of this supplement and I've been recommending it to my family members.

Taking as part of adrenal fatigue protocol

Posted by 5134696866210806423 on Jun 29, 2015

In Dr James Wilson's book on Adrenal Fatigue, it was great to finally get some clear guidance on how much Pantothenic Acid to take per day for adrenal fatigue (1500mg). I'm taking one 500mg capsule three times a day, as part of the recommended protocol, and a month on, I'm starting to see improvements. Not so dead tired anymore, still needing a rest most afternoons, but not the 2 hour nap I was taking.

Adrenal Support and Memory, least amount of filler.

Posted by Reviewer1485718 on Dec 11, 2011

I have been using Pantothenic acid, 500 mg capsules for adrenal support, coping with stress, for 30 years. I take 1 or 2 capsules at a time, morning, midday, before bed, with exercise. Take as much as you need to feel good. There is no problem with headache, stomach irritation, overdose, toxicity, buildup or addiction. It is water soluble. It cannot be stored in the body. Any excess is excreted. We all have stress. My experience is that this nutrient supports the adrenal gland and helps me cope with the stress in my life. I can feel better in ½ hour or less. Always use B-5 Pantothenic acid with Ester C, 500 or 1,000 mg tablets, because these 2 nutrients are synergistic and work together to support the adrenal gland. Adrenal exhaustion is very common and not recognized by doctors. Most B-complex formulas contain only 100 mg pantothenic acid. Even if you take 3 capsules of b-complex daily, you will only get 300 mg Pantothenic acid all day. I use and recommend much more than that. You will feel the benefit. Pantothenic acid is also a necessary co-factor to metabolize the nutrient phosphatidyl-choline, a part of the B-complex, into the brain neurotransmitter acetyl-choline, which is responsible for memory. I bought 500 mg Pantothenic acid capsules from 5 different companies and weighed them. NOW capsules had the least amount of filler and therefore the smallest capsules. This is important for someone, like me or you, who consumes many capsules per day. Staatsburg, New York

help for anxiety

Posted by Reviewer3073573 on Oct 28, 2006

I have been advised by my therpist that this may greatly reduce anxiety