Now Foods, Pantothenic Acid, 500 mg, 250 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Good for adrenal support

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

There are many good reviews written here. I see many people have praised this for treating acne when taken at high doses. I have not used it for that but it does not surprise me. I have used it to boost my adrenals and it does help. If I take it too late in the day it can interfere with sleep. I have read that others find that it helps them sleep better. I typically take 500 mg a day but have taken up to 1,500mg per day. Pantothenic acid is a precursor to pantothene which in turn is a precursor to pregnenalone which is a high level adrenal hormone. It is a precursor to many other hormones such as testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, etc. Pantothene has been shown to lower total cholesterol and triglycerides in clinical studies. If you found this helpful visit my home page where you can see other value added reviews. Thanks, peace and good health

Thank GOD my terrible acne face improved finally after 12 years!

Posted by 5274027332255808811 on Aug 30, 2013

Singapore doesnt seem to sell pantothenic acid 500mg but managed to find one and only brand which is GNC selling it. As it was pretty expensive, I bought Now Foods pantothenuc acid online which is almost more than70% cheaper. My dad had very bad acne when he was young and so do I. I started to have super oily face and huge red bumps, big pores problem and painful acne since 15. Am stillbattling with acne even at the age of 27 . Its really very depressing that I hardly see many people with such terrible condition for the past 12 years. This resulted in me being very shy and anti social and often being referred as unfriendly or werido. People on the road often stare at my face and frequently disturbed by sales assistants asking me to buy products and stuff. If you are like me, you will know how it feels. It is really depressing... I dare not look myself into the mirror and would always go under dim light to apply acne medications. I have tried almost all kinds of remedy including mild antibiotics to the strongest doze (vit A, isotretenon), TCM, BZ peroxide, sulphur, zinc, exposed skincare, clearpore, proactive, retin A cream, facial, detoxicification, and many many more. Nothing helps and my face at any point of time is oily, red, open pores and at least 15 or more red angry acne of at least 4 mm in size with lots of scars, blackheads, whiteheads, and very rough... I had to use BB Cream to cover those flaws but still my acne face is very horrible and i look much more older than my actual age. Thank GOD I started about 3 weeks ago with about 4g per day for about a week, i realised that the oily on my face started to reduced a little though still very oily when it still in the morning about 11am but saw some improve in the production of oily. For the one week, i realised that my acne and pimples healed within about 2-3 days as compared to the past where those bump can stay there for almost a week before it goes flat. As acne and pimples are caused by the oil on your face and dirt, with the gradual reduction of oil on my face, slighly lesser acne and pimples growing. I was very happy. Second week, i increased my dose to about 6g and by third week 7g. Currently i am still on 7g and i do not plan to increase my dose as the oil on my face has almost reduced by 65 as compared to before! I can say that for the past 12 years, i had never experienced what i experience now, where I have lesser than 6 red bumps and acne. In the past, the oily face makes me look super old and tired but now that the oily has reduced, my complexions looks better with life. Though I still have lots of red and brown scars, big pores which will take quite somtime to heal, now am really content with the great reduction in oil and acne. I will contine with this product at about 7g, max 8g for a few months and hope my face can contine to get better. My two cents worth, food that contains high sugar, fried n oily stuff, it is best to avoid them. I realised that even with taking pantothenic acid, eating chocolates, fried stuff will give me acne and bumps the next day. Also, at least 8 hours of sleep is important and best to turn in before 11am. Some additional supplements such as vit E, EPO, fruits, veg and water are vital. Never touch your face even if you think your hands are clean.

clear beautiful skin

Posted by Reviewer1985232 on Nov 15, 2009

Everyday I take 2 of these capsules 3-4 times a day and I have had beautiful skin ever since (takes about a month or 2 to become fully clear, but since then-- going on 5 months strong now with gorgeous skin, after living with moderate-severe acne for the past 7 years of my life)... Do not need to do anything else. Truly is my miracle pill. And Now Foods provides the best quality at the cheapest prices. iherb service could not be more satisfying- best place to buy your supplements. Could not be more thankful!! =)

ADD -ADHD Alternative

Posted by Reviewer3290020 on Jan 11, 2009

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago and I was against medicating her. My husband who is very well educated on natural supplements gave my daughter DMAE along with Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) and as far as I am concerned it works better than any ADD - ADHD drug on the market. You need the Vit B5 for the DMAE to convert in the brain. She is 16 now and takes 3 X DMAE 250mg caps and 3 X Pantothenic Acid 500mg caps. Everyone can tell when she hasn't taken her vits !!

For acne

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Sep 30, 2012

Read about people healing acne with this; of course through God's will first. I started with less, then max 25 caps of these a day and my skin started to clear up. But then I ran out and my skin broke out again..if you take 25 like I do one bottle only lasts for 10days! But honestly, it's totally worth it if it helps with my acne. Taking too much does nothing negative to the body. Excess gets peed out. Still, the way I do it should probably done only for a couple of month, heal skin, then continue taking lower dosage as maintenance. If you're suffering of acne on your cheeks & chin only, try this might help you as it helped me. You are not alone I know how you feel it's so so depressing. But nothing lasts forever better things are on the way! Good luck & never forget, everything happens for a reason, always for the better, in my case, I feel God wanted me to take better care of my body in all different ways so he sent me a clear message to my face that I could not miss. Thank you God for helping me grow. Everything happens at the perfect time.