Now Foods, Pantothenic Acid, 500 mg, 250 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Good for adrenal support

Posted by NBPT100 From Massachusetts on Jun 27, 2013

There are many good reviews written here. I see many people have praised this for treating acne when taken at high doses. I have not used it for that but it does not surprise me. I have used it to boost my adrenals and it does help. If I take it too late in the day it can interfere with sleep. I have read that others find that it helps them sleep better. I typically take 500 mg a day but have taken up to 1,500mg per day. Pantothenic acid is a precursor to pantothene which in turn is a precursor to pregnenalone which is a high level adrenal hormone. It is a precursor to many other hormones such as testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, etc. Pantothene has been shown to lower total cholesterol and triglycerides in clinical studies. If you found this helpful visit my home page where you can see other value added reviews. Thanks, peace and good health

clear beautiful skin

Posted by Reviewer1985232 From New Hampshire on Nov 15, 2009

Everyday I take 2 of these capsules 3-4 times a day and I have had beautiful skin ever since (takes about a month or 2 to become fully clear, but since then-- going on 5 months strong now with gorgeous skin, after living with moderate-severe acne for the past 7 years of my life)... Do not need to do anything else. Truly is my miracle pill. And Now Foods provides the best quality at the cheapest prices. iherb service could not be more satisfying- best place to buy your supplements. Could not be more thankful!! =)

ADD -ADHD Alternative

Posted by Reviewer3290020 From Australia on Jan 11, 2009

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago and I was against medicating her. My husband who is very well educated on natural supplements gave my daughter DMAE along with Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) and as far as I am concerned it works better than any ADD - ADHD drug on the market. You need the Vit B5 for the DMAE to convert in the brain. She is 16 now and takes 3 X DMAE 250mg caps and 3 X Pantothenic Acid 500mg caps. Everyone can tell when she hasn't taken her vits !!

Energy supplement for adrenal

Posted by Reviewer1365586 From Korea, Republic of on Dec 17, 2008

Much less fatigue and more energy in the morning. Have taken 500 mg a day along with B-50 and Niacin without any side effect, next want to increase to two (1000 mg) a day. Seems to boost blood circulation and lipid metabolism which is a major energy source for heart and skelital muscle.

For acne

Posted by Reviewer2078719 From Japan on Sep 30, 2012

Read about people healing acne with this; of course through God's will first. I started with less, then max 25 caps of these a day and my skin started to clear up. But then I ran out and my skin broke out again..if you take 25 like I do one bottle only lasts for 10days! But honestly, it's totally worth it if it helps with my acne. Taking too much does nothing negative to the body. Excess gets peed out. Still, the way I do it should probably done only for a couple of month, heal skin, then continue taking lower dosage as maintenance. If you're suffering of acne on your cheeks & chin only, try this might help you as it helped me. You are not alone I know how you feel it's so so depressing. But nothing lasts forever better things are on the way! Good luck & never forget, everything happens for a reason, always for the better, in my case, I feel God wanted me to take better care of my body in all different ways so he sent me a clear message to my face that I could not miss. Thank you God for helping me grow. Everything happens at the perfect time.