No effect on cholesterol at all

Posted by aigereem on Jul 16, 2012

I read a lot of positive reviews about Policosanol in general and NOW's supplement in particular, and was very optimistic about it. My husband has a family hypercholestorolemia, his levels of total cholesterol and LDL are high since he was very young. Sadly, this supplement had absolutely no effect on his cholesterol and LDL levels after 2 bottles (1 x day = half a year of taking it). The blood test results show exactly the same elevated levels of total cholesterol and LDL, just as they were before he started taking Policosanol. I am disappointed.

Cholesterol, get it down quick

Posted by 5735307082379389920 on May 30, 2012

I brought my cholesterol down 66 points with this policosanol. Some policosanols do not do the same job. NOW, is a great brand.

Highly Recommend!

Posted by Reviewer2007983 on May 16, 2012

I started taking this after reading in the 24HOUR PHARMACIST, by Suzy Cohen, that she recommends policosanol to help keep arteries clear of plaque. I take this daily instead of the dreaded STATIN DRUGS!!! I do not take ANY prescription drugs. Thanks to iHerb, I am a healthy 61 year old, who runs on 4 floors of a 9 floor hospital with a phlebotomy cart, and still has energy at the end of my shift!

SUPER

Posted by Reviewer1545646 on May 04, 2012

this is super

Happy customer

Posted by Reviewer1423235 on Mar 05, 2012

I will know more about the effect of Policosanol in April 2012, I will update my review then. For the present time I would like to say that I am very happy with the Iherb service. Cholesterol test done on 28 Feb 2012. Total cholesterol slightly lower, unfortunately both LDL and HDL a little lower. We will continue with Policosanol.

back in heart attack territory

Posted by Reviewer2461240 on Dec 26, 2011

I just used this product for 3 months after useing lipitor for high choesterol and my blood test went from 4.5 to 7.5,so i wouldn't recommend this product

Policosanol Double strength

Posted by Reviewer2546629 on Nov 02, 2011

We have opted to use these tablets rather than chemical statins which resulted in side effects for my husband. They are very effective in lowering cholesterol and mine dropped markedly as well.

very effective

Posted by michaelmckerlie on Oct 23, 2011

I have been taking the PAGG approach from the 4HB. This product appears to be working just great

Now Foods, Policosanol, double strength, 90 caps

Posted by Reviewer3107506 on Sep 09, 2011

It is very satisfactory. No complaints.

Kevin

Posted by Reviewer3164585 on Jun 22, 2011

Great value, including the postage to Australia.Will definitely order again in the future!