New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Potassium Chloride Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Good for absorbing potassium through skin

Posted by Reviewer2060946 on Feb 01, 2008

I found that this form of Potassium gives me diarrhea, even in small amounts, so have decided to add it to my footbath (in which I also use Magnesium oil or epsom salts) and it's a very effective way of getting those 2 very important minerals that most of us are lacking into our cells. Wonderful absorption that way!

Perfect way of getting your potassium daily

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 01, 2008

In multivitamins, you only find a small amount of potassium. Potassium is very important, almost everybody can use some extra potassium, for sure when they take a lot of natrium salts... My skin is not that dry anymore. For a lack of potassium gives a dry skin. It also reduces palpitations. When you have a lack of Potassium, it can give you an irregular heartbeat.

Terrible ulceration and PAIN within hours! Even with food.

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Sep 16, 2010

I've tried this brand and others like it. Of course it's top notch as it's pure powder by NOW! All potassium chloride powders ulcerate my stomach and cause terrible pain that takes a day or so to go away. I have severe low potassium issues without supplements and tolerate potassium gluconate with NO stomach side effects whatsoever.

Use it for FibroMyalgia!

Posted by Reviewer3003124 on Oct 18, 2009

Amazingly enough I discovered that eliminating sodium salt and using Potassium salt has given me a break from pain associated with FMS. Apparently we need to have a proper balance of Na and K in our blood to facilitate energy production in the mitochondria and in our sodium drenched world it gets out of whack. Use of KCl instead of NaCl should also be good for the heart and blood pressure. Mine has dropped.

useful addition to vitamin solution

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jun 22, 2008

When I want extra potassium, it's so nice to stir some of this into the water I take my vitamins with, instead of having to swallow more pills. In fact, it helps tame the acidity of vitamin C crystals, so I use it year-round.