Perfect way of getting your potassium daily

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Oct 01, 2008

In multivitamins, you only find a small amount of potassium. Potassium is very important, almost everybody can use some extra potassium, for sure when they take a lot of natrium salts... My skin is not that dry anymore. For a lack of potassium gives a dry skin. It also reduces palpitations. When you have a lack of Potassium, it can give you an irregular heartbeat.

Terrible ulceration and PAIN within hours! Even with food.

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Sep 16, 2010

I've tried this brand and others like it. Of course it's top notch as it's pure powder by NOW! All potassium chloride powders ulcerate my stomach and cause terrible pain that takes a day or so to go away. I have severe low potassium issues without supplements and tolerate potassium gluconate with NO stomach side effects whatsoever.

Use it for FibroMyalgia!

Posted by Reviewer3003124 on Oct 18, 2009

Amazingly enough I discovered that eliminating sodium salt and using Potassium salt has given me a break from pain associated with FMS. Apparently we need to have a proper balance of Na and K in our blood to facilitate energy production in the mitochondria and in our sodium drenched world it gets out of whack. Use of KCl instead of NaCl should also be good for the heart and blood pressure. Mine has dropped.

Good for absorbing potassium through skin

Posted by Reviewer2060946 on Feb 01, 2008

I found that this form of Potassium gives me diarrhea, even in small amounts, so have decided to add it to my footbath (in which I also use Magnesium oil or epsom salts) and it's a very effective way of getting those 2 very important minerals that most of us are lacking into our cells. Wonderful absorption that way!

Unsuitable for thyroid/adrenal/endocrine/CFS issues

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 19, 2014

I tried using this as a salt substitute, though didn't do that for long because p-o-t-a-s-s-i-u-m and/or chloride, either individually or as a combo, are a bad fit for low levels of iodine or manganese or silica or B12 or sodium and may therefore contribute to thyroid/adrenal/endocrine/collagen/CFS issues. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Great for POTS/Orthostatic Intolerance/CFS

Posted by 5634280547501121213 on Oct 18, 2012

I started taking this while taking B12 shots for my CFS/POTS/orthostatic intolerance. Electrolyte imbalance can be a cause for fatigue in these conditions, and I was pleasantly surprised to get more energy from adding potassium to my supplement regime. I tried potassium citrate capsules however it did not go down so well - gas and bloating. I was concerned about taking this due to the reviews about its taste/acidity as I have irritable bowel syndrome and avoid acidic foods. However, it doesn't taste too bad, especially if highly diluted! I take 720mg per day, which is two 1/4 teaspons worth. I spread these out and take with meals to avoid irritation to the GI tract. Potassium has made such an great difference to my energy levels. At the moment I take this with Now Foods Potassium Gluconate to mix up my sources of potassium - 865mg in total 3 times a day. If you suffer from CFS/POTS/Orthostatic intolerance/dysautonomia try it out!! Be careful of using too much potassium, I tried to use 1200mg in total and I became so fatigued, it took a week to recover.

useful addition to vitamin solution

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jun 22, 2008

When I want extra potassium, it's so nice to stir some of this into the water I take my vitamins with, instead of having to swallow more pills. In fact, it helps tame the acidity of vitamin C crystals, so I use it year-round.

Potassium Chloride Powder

Posted by Reviewer3084834 on Aug 01, 2008

I take 1/4 teaspoon at a time with orange or tomato juice (about a half glass) and I find the taste quite tolerable. It is better than tablets and low cost. There is no experation date because its potency is forever. It should be used with the knowledge of a physician.

Stops heart palpitations

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Jan 03, 2011

Stops heart palpitations,1 gram a day.

Very good salt substitute

Posted by MadeleineAlexei on Aug 19, 2011

I bought this at a time when my blood tests were showing a slightly elevated sodium level, despite my having used a salt substitute with KCl 66%, NaCl 33% for almost 12 years. After adding this powder to my existing salt substitute, bringing the ratio to 8:1 instead of 2:1, my blood tests came back so good that the doctor said I shouldn't need tests again for another three months! It still tastes like salt (if anything slightly umami, like a flavour enhancer). I'd recommend this unequivocally for anyone with high blood pressure, except that it is contraindicated with some blood pressure meds and diuretics (fluid tablets that make you pee), so you should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you take any medicines for blood pressure, heart or kidney function. You do also have to be careful not to overdose on potassium-containing products, because elevated potassium can lead to cardiac arrest.