CAREFUL! Gave me diabetes symptoms!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Dec 09, 2013

I have been diagnosed with chronic very low potassium and life-threatening hypoglycemia. These pills sent me in diabetes for 2 wks straight, until I figured out what was going on. (I knew it was diabetes because I was diagnosed with steroid-induced diabetes several years ago when put on Cortef). The FDA is right, here, to make these supplements only 3% of the US RDA! This potassium is dangerous! I am giving it 2 stars because when I am severely exhausted it helps with the CFIDS symptoms and makes me stronger but if it's easy to get thrown out of balance with this. I can't even take 2 pills per day! Not sure what is going on. Considering I'm severely low in potassium, I can't imagine what kinds of persons can take this safely. It's a pity because it helps with the debilitating exhaustion but the side effects are way too severe for me. I'm glad I was able to figure out it was this pill causing it, as when I quit it, I went back to balance and thrown again with severe diabetic thirst and discomfort all day yesterday. No good!

Now Foods, Potassium Citrate, 99 mg, 180 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2155453 on Aug 02, 2008

I take this because I'm taking a large dose of magnesium and they need to be balanced.

Potassium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer2098155 on Jun 23, 2009

I've taken this for a couple of years now. I'm pleased at how it off sets water retention from sodium. I take 3 tabs/day which is about the equivalant of a banana...

uses hydrogenated oil as lubricant

Posted by Reviewer1861584 on Sep 03, 2009

This is a good source of potassium but I will not order it again because hydrogenated cottonseed or palm oil (AKA magnesium stearate) is used as a lubricant.

potassium

Posted by Reviewer1947628 on May 26, 2011

I try to make sure I don't run out of potassium, as I can count on severe muscle cramps at night in legs and feet if I don't get enough! My only complaint is that it doesn't come in larger capsules.

Instant relief from brain fog

Posted by KMOMO7 on Jun 30, 2011

Just moved into a home with water softener and couldn't shake this brain fog and lethargy once the Texas weather started heating up. Did some research and found that softened water can strip essential mineraals from your body. Especially potassium needed for nerve and brain function. Took this potassium and felt better in 20 minutes. It seemed very easily usable by my body.I use it whenever I might have hydration issues from excessive sweating etc.

part of our family regimen

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on May 02, 2011

A daily dose takes leg cramps away.

gave me terrible heartburn

Posted by Reviewer3031103 on Nov 24, 2008

I've used potassium citrate successfully from another brand. Tried NOW foods and it gave me awful, day-long heartburn. Will not use it again.

Mineral Use

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Oct 06, 2009

My practitioner said I needed the citrate form of potassium ..my lab tests indicate I'm absorbing this mineral.

potassium

Posted by Reviewer1913390 on Apr 08, 2011

Nice sized pills. Easy to swallow. Helped with my muscle cramps.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »