Eyesight got BETTER!

Posted by Reviewer3064760 on Jan 10, 2008

With all the things I had read about pycnogenol, I thought, can it really work. After about a month, I started forgetting to put on my glasses for driving when I would leave the house. I also was reading close-up print without the bifocals!! I am really impressed. I only take 1 pill at bedtime and have had this much result! Also the added rutin is CRUCIAL for building blocks of arteries and veins and keeping them strong (to help prevent strokes).

Great for preventing bruises and nosebleeds

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Apr 03, 2008

I take a lot of fish oil, but since fish oil is a blood thinner, it tends to make me bruise and get nosebleeds easily. A friend recommended Pycnogenol to stop the bruising and nosebleeds. It worked like a charm. It also make a good anti-inflammatory. The only drawback I've experienced is that high doses (200 mg.) tend to make me a little light-headed and irritable. Pycnogenol works best if taken with lots of vitamin C (500 mg.)

Impressed With This

Posted by Reviewer1118058 on Jun 18, 2009

From Australia Read the review here about stopping nose bleeds so gave it a try. Wasn’t getting blood noses until I started taking Vitamin E to thin down sticky blood, then started to get mild nose bleeds daily just blowing and cleaning my nose. Within 3 days of taking Pycnogenol and continuing with Vit E, no more nose bleeds. Didn’t think it would work that fast! I was also reading of one study where Pycnogenol® (between 150mg & 300mg used in trial) was significantly more successful in decreasing Chronic Venous Insufficiency symptoms than the prescription drug Daflon®, a combination of diosmin and hesperidin so am hoping it will help with some spider veins but will give it more time.

Excellent combination of ingredients!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

Pycnogenol is a well known antioxidant, it recycles vitamin C in the body. So, it is better taken with vitamin C, and this product has rutin and acerola in it, which are vit C sources. I feel great using it, it has made a difference in my leg veins, and i believe in my eye sight too, which was unexpected! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Great muscle tonic!

Posted by Reviewer2689446 on Nov 08, 2011

First, I have great respect for Now and Drs Best as superior products. I started using this for high blood pressure, which didnt show anything very noticeable. However when I noticed reduction in muscle fatigue after exercise and an elimination of my nightly charlie-horse cramping, I did the research. The only change in my supplements was this and cordyceps. Research shows this was probably the main reason for my cramps going away. Note from Nov 2011 Just went on my first skate ski of the year. Put my wife on it months ago. Neither of us experienced the usual aching shank muscles we always got early season even when we were in racing shape.

Great for veins & to stimulate natural skin collagen production but IS THIS REAL PYCNOGENOL?

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 02, 2012

In the early 90's I received a glossy booklet that explained all about real pycnogenol® which should bear the trademark logo from Horphag Research Ltd and not to be confused with the unregulated 'maritime pine bark' which is said to be less potent. The Now Foods brand carries the logo (a pine tree inside a circle). I am editing this review as I could not spell "Horphag" I did a search and came across a very interesting article called PYCNOGENOL CONTROVERSY which states that Horphag is now using extraction techniques not approved by the French government (France being the only source of true pycnogenol) and the controversy states that, unless the bottle bears the seal of authenticity of Dr. Masquelier then it is the fake pycnogenol and that its extraction process turns this fake antioxidant into a potent oxidant. OUCH! Might explain my lackluster results here! More research by me is needed. My original review: I found myself taking 3 caps per day, along with COQ10 and vitamin E to alleviate the extreme thigh and wrists/arm vein pain that I experience during PMS. I was also diagnosed with high cholesterol due to steroid meds and hoping this will contribute to reversing that. This was not as effective as horsechestnut for my leg vein pain but I've since found out that horsechestnut causes or aggravates liver failure, which is an illness I'm currently treating so I definitely needed something different. My skin does look healthy with smaller pores than in the past but I'm taking a lot of supplements which are beneficial to skin so I can't gauge if it's the pycnogenol® or not. I trust it is working and might try a higher dosage later to see if that works better. Time will tell. No apparent side effects.

Wonderful for muscle cramping

Posted by Reviewer1486013 on Dec 12, 2012

I have mold illness. One of the characteristics of this is calf cramping upon awakening; when you point your toes and stretch, your calves instantly cramp up. I decided to try this after a friend recommended it. The info says it takes 30 days, but I had results immediately, the very next morning; no calf cramps. I continue to take it and am delighted with the results. I also have had significant problems with sciatica due to muscle "clenching" of the sciatic nerve in my butt, and this seems to have taken care of that too. Once again, I am delighted. I've now been taking it for 60 days with continued excellent results.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer2862168 on Mar 23, 2010

This really helps my circulation. I stand a lot at work and if I take this consistantly my feet and legs do not hurt at the end of the day.

Help for Injuries

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on Nov 15, 2010

I went to the chiropractor with 7 twisted vertabrae in my neck and a severely pulled left trapezoid muscle. I started taking 2 of these a day to assist my body in processing the waste material for these injuries as the chiropractor and the Active Release technician did body work to get me back on my feet in a course of five weeks, three times a week. After this grueling course of treatment, the doctors are "very pleased" with my treatment and i am in no pain. This is in large part thanks to the free radical scavenging by the Pycnogenal. Stronger than vitamins and even Grape Seed extract, the Pycnogenal helped greatly with inflammation and pain resolution and I considered it my third mode of treatment. Tomorrow i get a prescription for Physical Therapy to restrengthen the muscles in my neck and upper back. I have great faith in Pycnogenol now that i've used it in this recovery and will use it again in the event that i ever get injured again. Give your body the extra advantage of the free radical scavenging as well as drinking lots of water and getting lots of rest when injured. This is a fabulous product with no side effects that helps injured soft tissues repair themselves through intense free radical scavenging. I'm a believer!

I've noticed Improvement!

Posted by Reviewer2744446 on Jul 16, 2010

I was told this might help vision disturbances from diabetes. It really has helped. Thank you.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »