Amazing! No stomach problems!

Posted by Reviewer2941234 on May 04, 2007

Unlike xylitol (which I also use), this product does not upset my stomach at all. It's very sweet and cane suger-like. I mix it with xylitol and stevia, and the combo is great! My sweetened tea is back! What's better is that Now Foods uses only Non-GMO corn for this product! A win-win!

A very useful lo calorie sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2710938 on Oct 17, 2006

This is a GREAT sweetener. It measures like sugar, has almost no calories, has the mouth feel of sugar, doesn’t cause cavities, tastes very similar to sugar, has no aftertaste, and has no bitter or off tastes. When eaten in crystal form, it has a cooling mint-like effect, similar to Xylitol. However, there is no cooling effect when it is dissolved. Unlike sugar, it forms crystals very rapidly. Sugar takes several days to grow large crystals. With Erythritol, you can grow large crystals in an hour or two. I’ve made great rock crystal candy with it in less than 1 hour. I’ve used it to bake cupcakes, make root beer, really smooth ice cream, chocolate milkshakes, and more. My family and I love it. Erythritol is especially good in ice cream where it helps make the ice cream smoother by preventing ice crystals from forming. Erythritol tastes more like sugar when mixed with a little fructose or small amounts of high intensity sweeteners like Lo Han Kuo, Stevia, etc. I find the combination of Erythritol, Stevia, and Lo Han Kuo makes one of the best tasting and most useful all natural lo calorie sweetener mixes. I typically use a mix of 3/4 tsp Erythritol, 1/4 tsp SlimSweet (Lo Han Kuo), and 1/32 tsp SoooLite Pure (Stevia) to replace 1 tsp of sugar in many recipes and it turns out great. Sometimes I mix in a little bit of Fructose which really gives it a rich taste.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1723692 on Jul 17, 2007

I have tried every kind of sugar substitute on the market. This is the only one that comes close to tasting like sugar with absolutely no after-taste.

exactly what I wanted

Posted by Reviewer2385280 on Feb 29, 2008

this is exactly what I thought it would be, like sugar with no stevia aftertaste.

Love this

Posted by Reviewer1795453 on Jan 01, 2010

It tastes great and I like that it mimics some properties of sugar. I like to replace it 1:1 for sugar, then make up the additional sweetness with NuNaturals Stevia; the two seem to have a good synergy.

Tastes Great

Posted by Reviewer3317522 on Nov 15, 2007

No aftertaste. The closest thing to sucrose I've ever found.

Health

Posted by Reviewer3266630 on Mar 18, 2009

This was a great find. As a diabetic, I am always looking for tools to keep my blood sugar under control. Artificial sweetners are killing people and we need a natural alternative. It's unfortunate that it has to be so expensive though.

Erythritol is wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer1030121 on Jul 28, 2009

I use it for low carb baked goods--muffins, cupcakes, and the like. It doesn't work well for cookies. I create recipes using erythritol and stevia at my Healthy Indulgences Blog (google it). Love iherb.com for all my low carb baking needs!

Erythritol

Posted by Reviewer1469033 on Jan 15, 2009

I really like Erythritol as a natural sweetener. I avoid sugar at all costs, but sometimes I do like to sweeten my coffee or tea and this is perfect for that. I haven't tried baking with it, but I've tried it with pretty much everywhere else you may add sugar and it's great!

Guilt free sweetner.

Posted by Reviewer1144626 on Jan 20, 2009

This was recommended by my gynecologist. I searched for the best price and this was it.It is a good substitute for sugar.