New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Real Food, White Chia Seed, 1 lb (454 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Full of dirt

Posted by 4707880978385483830 on Nov 25, 2012

i LOVE chia seeds and eat them all the time. I had to order these as my staple brand was out of stock for months. I got 2 bags of these and I've only been able to choke down half of 1 bag because they are so gritty/sandy/full of dirt. Quality Control missed the boat on these. I'm afraid to eat these now since I never know what bite will be a tooth crunching surprise. So disgusting! Waste of money

So much soil and dirt in my chia seeds!

Posted by 5545428765654329546 on Nov 07, 2013

I trust Now Foods most of the time, but like the reviewer below, I found so much dirt in my pack. I usually mix them into my smoothies and oatmeal, so I didn't realise the amount of soil in this until my mum showed it to me because. You can see them clearly because she soaks hers in water and all the dirt sinks to the bottom. And it's A LOT of black soil, not kidding...it's disgusting knowing how much of it I've ingested. Now I'm not too sure what to do with my 2nd pack.

DON"T BUY THESE!!!!

Posted by 4649863342218949236 on Nov 26, 2013

Love chia seeds but stay away from these!!! We got a few bags.. The first bag had some crunchy bits but second was way worse!! Did not noticed it till halfway through and finally (at the end of the bag!) dumped it out to see and managed to separate about a tablespoon's worht of pure dirt/earth!! Not sure how much of the dirt we ate, trying hard not to think about that! We tried a couple other brands without problems so do yourself a favor and avoid this one.. Unless you like eating dirt..

Stems

Posted by Reviewer2013200 on Apr 21, 2013

There were too many stems - way more than any other brand I've tried. So, I couldn't eat them.

Dirty chias

Posted by Jaaniin on Oct 05, 2013

It had so much dirt in it that you don´t want to eat it. I really hope that it was just this packet. There was some kind of mud, could see it, feel it and even taste it. It´s dirtyest chias we have ever seen. I did send mail to Now foods about this product.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »