• Reviews | English

Yummy and healthy!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

My favourite nut, delicious and nutritious, packed with selenium. The price is good too! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Raw Brazil Nuts, 12 oz (340 g)

Posted by opheart on Mar 12, 2012

Fresh nuts, no spoiled ones. Big size, the taste is very nice.

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer3247547 on May 06, 2012

Very fresh, delicious and so healthy nuts!

The jury is still out on these nuts.

Posted by 5349098852128219669 on Nov 01, 2012

Not the best brazils. I got a few (three or four) REALLY bad, sour, possibly rotten ones in the bag. Yuck. But most of them were just OK, more soggy/spongey than crisp, not very fresh tasting. But raw brazils are hard to find. If you buy these, sort them carefully before eating or cooking with them and you should be OK. I am not sure if I will purchase again. I wish I could find a more reliable, higher-quality source for raw brazils. Probably best to shell your own.

Now Foods, Real Food, Whole, Raw Brazil Nuts, Unsalted, 12 oz (340 g)

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Aug 18, 2013

Rancid, I will not order again! I would not give this brand even one star but had to, to submit the review.

Without shell, Big, Whole and Good!

Posted by Reviewer2838097 on Jun 09, 2011

I live in Brazil and I know exactly what to expect from a good Brazil nut (here: Castanha do Para). I bought 3 packs on different dates and all them were very good, comparable to local top quality and expensive ones. It's common that 1 nut or another be a little bit bitter, even when very freshly, just grab another! :)

1 nut a day is plenty

Posted by Reviewer2139243 on Aug 30, 2012

The nuts I received were fresh and not rancid, but note that you should refrigerate them after opening. I had been enjoying 3 nuts a day until I read that due to possible toxicity from too much selenium, 1 or 2 nuts is recommended, so now I'm down to 1 nut per day.

Great!

Posted by HealthyGuy on Nov 04, 2008

There are some nuts I love and some I haven't really been fond of. Brazil nuts WERE one of those nuts. These raw nuts taste amazing. Sort of taste like coconut in a very minimal way. Very healthy and satisfying.

tasteless

Posted by Reviewer1912404 on Aug 05, 2010

Although i have never tried any organic brazil nuts in order to know the authentic taste, i really thought that these had no much taste into them

BAD QUALITY!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1313008 on Feb 10, 2011

Very bad quality bazil nuts, one taste and I threw away the entire bag...rancid nuts do more damage than good....I spend alot of money at iherb monthly and love them...but save your money don't buy the bazil nuts!!! Heidi