Now Foods, Red Yeast Rice, 1200 mg, 120 Tablets

Helped drop my cholesterol 63 pts.

Posted by Reviewer2238935 From Illinois on Jul 19, 2008

While taking 600mg. twice/day along with 20 mg. policosanol (I used Source Naturals) and 100 CoQ10 (Natural Factors brand) my total cholesterol took its biggest drop ever. It took between 3-6 mos., and my HDL and LDL levels also improved greatly, all without exercise or diet change--not that I recommend skipping those. But a nurse told me about her family history of high cholesterol and her own dramatic drop in cholesterol after taking these 3 supplements, so I decided to give it a try. My doctor was very happy, esp. with my HDL! And I was glad to be able to avoid any drug treatment. (BTW, I switched from the 60mg to these 120mg tabs once/day after about 6 mos.)

Red yeast rice

Posted by Reviewer1439724 From New York on Nov 30, 2008

This is a great product for controlling cholesterol. Ii is also good for digestion. It may also help in reducing C reactive protein which is responsible in part, for causing heart disease.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer2402506 From California on Oct 02, 2008

Taken with CoQ10 is working fine and is better than using statins.

Great for lowering cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer1584346 From Massachusetts on Mar 10, 2009

I had refused to use a statin because of the side effects, so my doctor asked me to try Red Yeast Rice. My total cholesterol dropped 40 points within 6 mos. It also improved my hdl and ldl.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1951565 From Arizona on Jun 20, 2009

My doctor prescribed this product for me about 5 years ago to bring down my cholesterol. It has worked quite well - I'm still NOT on Lipitor!!!