Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Red Yeast Rice, with CoQ10 - 30 mg, 600 mg, 120 VCaps

Cholesteol levels

Posted by Reviewer2624099 on Nov 09, 2006

A year ago I started on a Vegan diet to lower my cholesterol. I went from 240 to 225. When I started taking Now brand Red Yeast Rice with Coq10, my cholesteron went down to 194. I was taking 2 capsules a day. I am now taking 3 capsules a day and will be having another test this month. It will be interesting to see if it lowers my cholesterol again.

Refused to take Lipitor

Posted by Reviewer1405260 on Jul 10, 2009

The total level of my cholesterol was 269. My doctor wanted me to take Lipitor, but I told her I was going to try Red Yeast Rice instead and within two months of taking Now Foods Red Yeast Rice with CoQ10 it decreased to 188. I also eat healthy and exercise regularly. I have recommended this suplement to several of my friends and they all have had the similar results.

GOOD STUFF

Posted by Reviewer1530364 on May 15, 2009

This product has lowered my cholesterol levels by 70 points. Love this product !!

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer2071925 on Nov 29, 2008

My doctor said that the CoQ10 was really necessary when taking the red yeast rice. One of the side effects of statin drugs is muscle cramps. I do occasionally get those in my legs, but it does the trick in keeping cholesterol levels in check.

Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Doesn't Work Anymore

Posted by Reviewer2852349 on Sep 28, 2010

This product actually did work quite well for me for a couple years, then, even though I continued at a slightly increased dosage, my cholesterol and triglycerides went back up to their original levels. Although it contains milk thistle & Co-Q-10 to protect against the potential effects of statin, this product probably no longer contains statin, so there is no point in taking it to lower cholesterol. The drug companies have succeeded in making it very difficult for mfg. of supplements to safely produce red yeast rice capsules.I have been obliged to go over to the dark side by taking Crestor. Alas.