Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer2071925 on Nov 29, 2008

My doctor said that the CoQ10 was really necessary when taking the red yeast rice. One of the side effects of statin drugs is muscle cramps. I do occasionally get those in my legs, but it does the trick in keeping cholesterol levels in check.

Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Doesn't Work Anymore

Posted by Reviewer2852349 on Sep 28, 2010

This product actually did work quite well for me for a couple years, then, even though I continued at a slightly increased dosage, my cholesterol and triglycerides went back up to their original levels. Although it contains milk thistle & Co-Q-10 to protect against the potential effects of statin, this product probably no longer contains statin, so there is no point in taking it to lower cholesterol. The drug companies have succeeded in making it very difficult for mfg. of supplements to safely produce red yeast rice capsules.I have been obliged to go over to the dark side by taking Crestor. Alas.

Lowers cholesterol..

Posted by Reviewer1831792 on Jul 01, 2008

Does a great job at lowering cholesterol, told my doctor I would try this before going on meds.. total cholesterol is down 50+ points since taking for 2 months.. works great!

WOW, Is all I can say!

Posted by Reviewer1547814 on May 05, 2011

I've used this product for about a month. My labs were not good even while taking a statin. My liver tests were high from the statin. I stopped the statin and started this product 1 month ago . Wow!!! Everything is back to normal. Or I sould say better than normal. I am so happy with this product. It even raise my good cholesterol 2 points! My liver is back to normal and I have no adverse effects like I had with the statin. I did not tell my Dr i switched untill after the month passed. I get my labs checked mthly. He was dumbfounded, He said, What are you doing to get these reults. I told him about the red yeast rice. He has never heard of it. He was at a loss for words. I am also saving a lot of money. The statin was very expensive.

Lowered my cholestereol 65 pts!

Posted by Reviewer2698634 on Mar 11, 2013

My totals went from 249 to 184 in 3 months with Red Yeast Rice.

Excellent Brand

Posted by 4994731427500733948 on Sep 25, 2014

My Doctor really likes this brand. She specialize in bio-identical hormone balancing, prescribe nutritional supplements of the highest grade that can be used like medicines. And that's good enough for me.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1544707 on Jun 08, 2009

I am not sure of how effective this is yet but it does reduce hunger feelings and for that I am grateful to have found this.

It's working

Posted by Reviewer2505611 on Mar 10, 2009

My cholesterol went from 310 to 244. I've been eating right also but I'm thinking the red yeast rice helped a lot. I'm still shooting for under 200.

Undecided

Posted by Reviewer2536898 on Feb 27, 2010

I've started taking this as an experiment for three months. Doctors are tired of my "postponing" taking high cholesterol medication saying they are "benign". Five years ago I began changing my eating habits and increasing the amount of activity per day. My "bad" cholesterol was 265 when I started, now it is 160. They say I have to bring it down below 100 and they think it's impossible. I don't, I know there are still improvements to make with diet and this supplement is one of them. I also may have to stop going to doctors! ;)) I like that idea best!

My I-Herb experience

Posted by Reviewer1931388 on Oct 18, 2007

I've ordered from your company several times and haven't been disappointed yet. You guys are great!!!