Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Doesn't Work Anymore

Posted by Reviewer2852349 on Sep 28, 2010

This product actually did work quite well for me for a couple years, then, even though I continued at a slightly increased dosage, my cholesterol and triglycerides went back up to their original levels. Although it contains milk thistle & Co-Q-10 to protect against the potential effects of statin, this product probably no longer contains statin, so there is no point in taking it to lower cholesterol. The drug companies have succeeded in making it very difficult for mfg. of supplements to safely produce red yeast rice capsules.I have been obliged to go over to the dark side by taking Crestor. Alas.

Lowers cholesterol..

Posted by Reviewer1831792 on Jul 01, 2008

Does a great job at lowering cholesterol, told my doctor I would try this before going on meds.. total cholesterol is down 50+ points since taking for 2 months.. works great!

WOW, Is all I can say!

Posted by Reviewer1547814 on May 05, 2011

I've used this product for about a month. My labs were not good even while taking a statin. My liver tests were high from the statin. I stopped the statin and started this product 1 month ago . Wow!!! Everything is back to normal. Or I sould say better than normal. I am so happy with this product. It even raise my good cholesterol 2 points! My liver is back to normal and I have no adverse effects like I had with the statin. I did not tell my Dr i switched untill after the month passed. I get my labs checked mthly. He was dumbfounded, He said, What are you doing to get these reults. I told him about the red yeast rice. He has never heard of it. He was at a loss for words. I am also saving a lot of money. The statin was very expensive.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1544707 on Jun 08, 2009

I am not sure of how effective this is yet but it does reduce hunger feelings and for that I am grateful to have found this.

It's working

Posted by Reviewer2505611 on Mar 10, 2009

My cholesterol went from 310 to 244. I've been eating right also but I'm thinking the red yeast rice helped a lot. I'm still shooting for under 200.

Undecided

Posted by Reviewer2536898 on Feb 27, 2010

I've started taking this as an experiment for three months. Doctors are tired of my "postponing" taking high cholesterol medication saying they are "benign". Five years ago I began changing my eating habits and increasing the amount of activity per day. My "bad" cholesterol was 265 when I started, now it is 160. They say I have to bring it down below 100 and they think it's impossible. I don't, I know there are still improvements to make with diet and this supplement is one of them. I also may have to stop going to doctors! ;)) I like that idea best!

My I-Herb experience

Posted by Reviewer1931388 on Oct 18, 2007

I've ordered from your company several times and haven't been disappointed yet. You guys are great!!!

red rice yeast with CoQ10-30 by NOW Foods

Posted by Reviewer1329008 on Jul 28, 2008

I have been taking this for 2 years now and have seen a considerable difference in my cholesterol levels. Would recommend this to and and all interested in the natural way without prescription intervention.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1526554 on Dec 06, 2008

I love this stuff. It not only has the red yeast rice but CoQ10 with helps the RYR get into the system.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1447619 on Nov 07, 2008

Have been using this to keep my cholesterol under control for over two years. Highly recommend.