Now Foods, SAMe, 400 mg, 60 Tablets

Reviews 1-star

Now Foods, SAMe, 400 mg, 60 tablets

Posted by Reviewer2056674 on Nov 23, 2008

I read about SAMe from a variety of sources. My psychiatrist gave it an o.k. for mood stabilization support, but warned that it costs a lot of money. Because of joint pain AND mood issues, I was hoping for a multi-treatment of sorts, which would enable me to reduce or eliminate a few other meds. I ordered what I predicted was a 6 week supply, based on the dosing my MD suggested. I am pressing on, determined to finish the first 60 tablets, and regretting the purchase. Although "side effects may go away over time", I've about had enough. At 400, mgs, I had severe abdominal pain the first few days, diminshing to a mere loss of appetite beyond. Increasing the dose by 400 mgs/week (with permission to increase all the way up to 2400 from MD)I am now up to 1200 mgs. I will abandon this experiment at the end of the week, unless I find my knee pain improved, and the stomach pain/loss of appetite thing gone. As for mood, no one in pain and without good diet, due to loss of appetite, can be real happy. As for the money, not worth it for me. AND, come to find out from the Naturopath, SAMe is very unstable, must be refridgerated at ALL times, no matter what the product label says, should be purchased only in a blister pack etc. I have three unopened bottles left. I will ask whether iHerb will take them back, but I doubt they will. My mistake. I should have researched this one more carefully.

NOW SAMe

Posted by Reviewer2606167 on Jan 12, 2009

This is worthless, and had I done my homework first, I wouldn't have bought it. A waste of money, and upset my stomach.

No good compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2142008 on May 12, 2015

I'm very chemically sensitive when ever I have herbs oor supplements I notice an effect right away. I'll know within 1/2 hrs if something works. I have extreme anxiety and depression, started using a different brand and wow, what a difference. Changed over to NOW SAM-e and within two days I'm back to feeling shocking and crying I was so confused, tried the other brand as I hadn't finished it due to tummy troubles and boom my great mood came back. This brand does not work 100%, it has very mild effect that obviously other ppl feel but my god don't waste your money on a formula that is weak. I have two bottles of this stupid stuff and I don't know what to do with it, take it and be miserable or throw $120 down the drain. I wanted to let everyone know because there is way to many wrong positive comments on here!!!!!!!