Now Foods, SAMe, 100 mg, 60 Tablets

Excellent stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2767188 on Jul 11, 2008

I find this strength of SAM-e to be very helpful for my CFS. All the tablets are enteric coated and aren't too strong. More gentle than over powering. Seems to helps clear the head of brain fog too.

A lifesaver

Posted by Reviewer2903784 on Mar 26, 2009

We use this for my son who is an undermethylator--can be assessed by looked at histamine levels in the blood. A higher dose would usually be recommended for his size (9 years old, average weight), but we found it was too much. And since SAMe is usually enterically-coated so it gets to the right part of the gut, cutting a larger tablet was not a good idea. This size is perfect for us.

Easier to take!

Posted by Reviewer3336818 on Jun 11, 2010

Before using the 100 mg Now Foods SAME-e I tried taking another brand (not sold at iHerb) in the typical 200 mg dose, and had a big problem. I have trouble swallowing and that big "horse pill" got stuck in my esophagus and wouldn't budge. Being "enteric coated", SAM-e tablets don't dissolve until they reach your stomach, so that thing was there for hours! I'll spare you the details, but it was not good. So I was happy to find a 100 mg (i.e., smaller) tablet. I just take two of them instead of one 200 mg tablet. And from what I'm able to tell after using them a few weeks, they work as advertised. So, I'm pleased.

good review

Posted by Reviewer1371305 on Sep 29, 2010

I am pleased with this product, especially the uncommon dosage of 100mg.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2297908 on Oct 30, 2010

For me it works the next day and I was very surprised to find out that it seems to be more powerful than the 200 mg of Drs Best SAMe. After taking 1 tablet (in the morning, on empty stomach) I don't seem to need it at all for several days. But it wasn't always like that. In the beginning I needed to take 800 mg of Drs Best SAMe for it to work on me. And it wasn't all pleasant either. It had the side effect of giving me unexpected abd. cramps with diarrhea but with this low dosage I don't seem to have any side effects.