Lesson learned: buy the good stuff !

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Sep 14, 2016

Strange story: my grandparents both lived into their late 90s. When I visited them as a child, I remember that their silverware had a odd, stinky smell, they attributed it to their well water. Years later, I read that selenium was an essential mineral that in most diets was either deficient or almost absent, and that it was critical to health and the function of the immune system. I started taking it, buying it at Walmart and I remember opening the bottle and immediately recalling the smell of my grandparents' silverware that was washed in their selenium rich well water. But last time, the bottle I bought didn't have the distinctive smell, it smelled like sawdust. Hearing about the scandal in which Walmart supplements were found to be phony, I purchased Now brands from IHERB, and when I opened the bottle, there it was: that peculiar, distinctive selenium smell. I quit buying any supplements from Walmart and now buy all my supplements from IHERB. . . Click YES if you like this review.

As desribed

Posted by Reviewer2495026 on Apr 07, 2014

Using for Adrenal Exhaustion together with various other natural products...

A good product at a resonable price

Posted by Reviewer1279605 on Jan 16, 2012

I use selenium daily to enhance absorption of iodine which I get through diet and multivitamins. I'm post-menopausal, and selenium has helped me to regrow my thinning hair which happened as a result of my sub-funtioning aging thyroid.

Reliable and good value

Posted by PatriciaM on Jun 03, 2012

I've found Now Foods products very reliable and good value as well. Their selenium is a good example and I take it regularly.

MR.

Posted by Reviewer2163718 on Sep 28, 2008

DR.WEIL RECOMMENDATION IS ANOTHER SOURCE TO HELP OUR BODY TO KEEP CLEAR OF FREE RADICALS.

Seems Fine

Posted by Reviewer2480087 on Jul 05, 2010

My husband takes these for men's health.

Selenium

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on Dec 21, 2010

Helps me with mental clarity. Thanks for carrying this size, too.

Another great NOW product

Posted by 5314020378583434866 on May 30, 2013

A nice, pure form of selenium and in veggie caps too. This really perks me up and helps me lose weight. Plus I know that it is fighting toxins in my body and helping my thyroid.

Now Foods, Selenium

Posted by Reviewer1558874 on Mar 14, 2011

An important dietary supplement and a good product.

Now Selenium

Posted by Reviewer1926198 on Aug 25, 2012

Easy to use, and nice it is all measured for you. I also give it to my dogs (under vet supervision). A nice insurance against various cancers!