Pretty bummed

Posted by 5196806307675658163 on Sep 29, 2013

As much as I love most of the products I've purchased on iHerb and as much as I wanted to love this butter, I am utterly disappointed. It arrived VERY gritty and, unlike claimed in other reviews, the little hard particles do not melt into the skin, they just kind of sit there. You know the feeling you get at the beach when you've just applied sun protection and the sand keeps sticking to your skin? That is it, that is the feeling I get whenever I use this butter. The crystalized particles feel just like sand and SUCKS. I tried melting the butter, whipped it and let it solidify in room temperature, but the grittiness did not go away. I guess my package went through some rough shipping conditions... Grittiness aside, the butter does moisturize the skin nicely and doesn't feel too greasy. I just wish it was smooth so that I could fully appreciate its properties.

I think the recipe was switched!

Posted by Reviewer3039647 on Aug 04, 2013

It's definitely not the content that I usually order from that company. I think they changed the recipe of that product. What I got was something lumpy,yellow inside that does NOT look like what I usually get from that brand.

Is NOT what I was looking for!!

Posted by 5052470108234670941 on Jun 08, 2014

- Shea butter is almost a yellowish cream but this one is white - Shea butter has its own fragrance but this one has NONE - It is in its best guess, a refined Shea butter which is NOT a pure natural Shea butter you are looking for. FINAL: It is NOT what I was looking for! will NOT buy again & I don NOT recommend

Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer2203927 on Mar 19, 2012

Love the way this makes my skin feel! after I do a scrub! Ladies use one part sugar and olive oil, till its kind of thick but not like peanut butter, sit in your tub and rub your legs feet and back if you can reach most of it. warm rinse and then apply shea butter. (becareful tub will be slippery)

shea butter...

Posted by Reviewer1964589 on Oct 16, 2008

I bought this one because I dislike the way raw, unrefined shea butter smells. This product is okay. It's very waxy for my preference. It's still white when it melts, and it makes my hair feel kind of sticky. I'll try to mix it with some other oils to see if that helps. Overall, just okay product.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2260680 on Feb 03, 2011

I bought this product to use for my newly natural hair. Not only did it arrive on time, but it works. It's also great for your skin!! Will surely purchase again!! I live in Alaska where things are a little more expensive so I believe ordering online is slightly better than buying from the health food store. iHerb is a keeper!

All shea all the time

Posted by Reviewer1471385 on Feb 27, 2009

Well the it looks like shea, feels like shea, I guess it's shea. The only thing I have a problem with is if it's all/only shea butter. The label isn't very clear. You can have a filler and if it's not that much, they are not required to list it in the ingredients. For instance, there could be co-co butter in it which clogs your pores. I just want to know that it's 100% ALL Shea Butter. BUT!!! I've used it and it leaves my skin SO SOFT!

Helpful for really dry skin

Posted by Reviewer2227983 on May 11, 2009

My nine year old suffers from dry skin--the Shea butter has really helped!

Great Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer2497829 on Jun 09, 2009

Good price for very good quality shea butter. It is soft and easy to apply without melting too quickly.

Great moisture cream

Posted by Reviewer1540214 on Jun 18, 2009

this is the best shea I have found and the price here is great!