Now Foods, Silica Complex, 180 Tablets

Great for bone strength and wound healing!

Posted by KurtJacobsen on May 23, 2013

I use these to increase my bone strength. The tablets are a bit big - not a problem to me, but I thought I'd mention it. I take one tablet twice a week. This evens out to over 40 mg/day as suggested in the study (see below), and it's really cheap too. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. As allways, Now Foods deliver great value for less money! The bottle is double secured with both sealed snap lid and extra security seal on the bottle itself, both easy to open. ======================================================================================================= The so called "Framingham Offspring" study showed, that subjects with the highest silicon intake (over 40 mg/day) had the strongest bones and those with low intake (below 14 mg/day) had the weakest bones. A typical multivitamin contains 2 mg - way to low! Silicon also improves collagen formation in general and also wound healing! Some suggest making bone and joint broth soup as an alternative, but I know myself well enough to know, that I'll never get around getting it done, especially not an a regular basis. ======================================================================================================= Click my name KurtJacobsen ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here in Denmark (4000 miles away) within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my name KurtJacobsen at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1602564 on Mar 24, 2010

I'd been having issues with soft stools and hemorrhoids for several months. I eat fiber, fresh vegetables and fruit so I was at a loss as to what to do.I read that diatomaceous earth (human grade) which is mostly silica helped to shrink and heal hemorrhoidal tissue. So I decided to try the Now Foods Silica Complex ads I thought a pill would be a more pleasant way to take the silica. Much to my surprise I began to notice an improvement within four days of taking one silica tablet 2 -3 times a day. It's been several weeks now and everything has normalized. I am amazed at what silica did to alleviate my problem. It is supposed to be beneficial for the skin, hair, nails and joints as well ... I will report back to see if I notice any changes.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1719909 on Mar 19, 2010

A pharmacist told me about Silica. I stated taking this product and my last bone test showed that my bone density had increased. I will continue to take this.

fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1355869 on Dec 01, 2009

I take silica to help with rebuilding my damaged tendons, muscles and ligaments. This one is one of the best.I can see results almost straight away. Additionaly is helps me skin and hair, which is absolutely brilliant.

Good for me

Posted by Reviewer2870647 on May 16, 2011

My nails grow lik crazy and theyre a lot stronger. I cut my hair really short and Ive always had issues with the damage to my hair from relaxers and coloring myself. I have fine hair and it breaks and sheds and is sooooo weak and dry. But since taking silica my hair is not just growing back a lot faster but also stronger. No more crazy shedding and breaking. I use 500mg silica with 5000mcg Biotin, 3000mcg MSM and a B complex for my hair skin and nails. My husband is taking it too and his bald spot is growing back. Were happy:)