Now Foods, Silica Complex, 500 mg, 180 Tablets

Great for bone strength and wound healing!

Posted by KurtJacobsen From Denmark on May 23, 2013

I use these to increase my bone strength. The tablets are a bit big - not a problem to me, but I thought I'd mention it. I take one tablet twice a week. This evens out to over 40 mg/day as suggested in the study (see below), and it's really cheap too. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. As allways, Now Foods deliver great value for less money! The bottle is double secured with both sealed snap lid and extra security seal on the bottle itself, both easy to open. ======================================================================================================= The so called "Framingham Offspring" study showed, that subjects with the highest silicon intake (over 40 mg/day) had the strongest bones and those with low intake (below 14 mg/day) had the weakest bones. A typical multivitamin contains 2 mg - way to low! Silicon also improves collagen formation in general and also wound healing! Some suggest making bone and joint broth soup as an alternative, but I know myself well enough to know, that I'll never get around getting it done, especially not an a regular basis. ======================================================================================================= Click my name KurtJacobsen ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here in Denmark (4000 miles away) within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my name KurtJacobsen at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1602564 From California on Mar 24, 2010

I'd been having issues with soft stools and hemorrhoids for several months. I eat fiber, fresh vegetables and fruit so I was at a loss as to what to do.I read that diatomaceous earth (human grade) which is mostly silica helped to shrink and heal hemorrhoidal tissue. So I decided to try the Now Foods Silica Complex ads I thought a pill would be a more pleasant way to take the silica. Much to my surprise I began to notice an improvement within four days of taking one silica tablet 2 -3 times a day. It's been several weeks now and everything has normalized. I am amazed at what silica did to alleviate my problem. It is supposed to be beneficial for the skin, hair, nails and joints as well ... I will report back to see if I notice any changes.

fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1355869 From Great Britain on Dec 01, 2009

I take silica to help with rebuilding my damaged tendons, muscles and ligaments. This one is one of the best.I can see results almost straight away. Additionaly is helps me skin and hair, which is absolutely brilliant.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1719909 From Nevada on Mar 19, 2010

A pharmacist told me about Silica. I stated taking this product and my last bone test showed that my bone density had increased. I will continue to take this.

It's Hip to Be Pain Free

Posted by Reviewer1623977 From Canada on Jun 08, 2012

We love this product. My wife, in her 60's, suffered from pain in her left hip that was really bothering her. Her doctor said 'avoid climbing stairs'. Hmm. We tried many different things with little or no success. Then I read about the work of a French scientist named Louis Kervran on "Biplogical Transmutations." He claims that silica is transmuted into assimilable calcium in the body, which is good news for bones. Long story short, within 3-4 weeks my wife's hip pain went away. It has not returned. She attributes it to the Now Foods Silica Complex as that is the only change she has made that has produced such dramatic results.